Loving my sleeve!

runfatgirlrun
on 2/11/12 1:55 am
Hi All:

Things have been psycho busy and I have not had much opportunity to visit the forum.  It has been over 2 months since my surgery and I have lost over 50lbs since I started the pre-op fast. Since surgery I lost 36 pounds.  My weight loss is about 2 lbs per week which is great by me. I am not trying to be pessimistic and waiting for the other show to drop but I am worried that this is all too good to be true.  I have never been able to get any thinner than I am right now so I am wondering if I will hit the wall again and never get any lower.  I also am anxious to get lower so I can experience what that feels and looks like.  So far I cannot express how much my energy level has improved.  It seems that whatever I am able to consume is immediately converted to energy and is released into my system.  I am not sluggish at all.  I still have some issues eating dense protein like chicken or fish and I still throw up at times if something hits my stomach and it seizes up.  There are times when my sleeve likes eggs or does not.  It is a hit or miss thing.  I am still amazed that I am never hungry. Only complaint I have is that I also have not had the time to get out to exercise as much as I would like but I hope that will change.  I am anxious to hear how everyone else is doing.   I see Dr. Savoie and his team again on March 6th so I hope to be down even further by then.  My biggest goal now is the get to a lower weight by summer so I can wear shorts and not scare little children :LOL :)

Figler5
on 2/14/12 10:22 pm, edited 2/14/12 10:22 pm
Awesome news i am going to run 5 km in May maybe 10 km if you are game I would love to meet with you and run together.

Karmy
on 2/15/12 1:42 am - Escuminac,N.-B, Canada
VSG on 03/08/12
Wow congratulaion..i`m so happy for u. Was it hard..Do u have before and after pics to corrage me ,,I`m going for my operation on the 8 march..i`m very much ready..so excited..thats alot 50 lbs..u are doing good ,Drs are so amazing.keep up the good faith.happy for u...:)

kkyymm
on 2/16/12 1:31 am, edited 2/16/12 1:31 am - Lincoln, Canada
So happy to hear how great  you are doing!!!!  I am going to bathurst on March 16th I guess we will miss each other this time :(

runfatgirlrun
on 2/16/12 6:43 am
Hi everyone!

Yes I would love to run with you sometime.  I actually just came back from a 6k run and I can't tell you how much more energy I have than before.  It is miraculous really. I go for my long runs on Sundays so I can meet you to run some Sunday.

I have some pictures and I can take some new pictures if I can coax my husband to do it for me and post them.  I had troubles doing it myself and he is more tech savvy than I am.  Believe me I am still a big girl so it is not that attractive.  I am starting to notice more defintiion in my body and I found that I actually have hip bones.  I never knew that I had those bones because I was so fat for so long. 

Too bad we won't have the same appointment Kim.  I was so looking forward to seeing you again.  Well we will still have to stay in touch.   

thinkinhaboutvsg
on 2/21/12 5:40 am
Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1081 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1946 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1792 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1787 views