Boost!

Charline M.
on 2/11/12 11:16 pm
VSG on 02/23/12
Ok, here I am on my fifth day of Boost.  I can honestly say that I have done things in my life that were more fun than this :P

On the other hand, it's getting easier.  The heartburn is awful but I will get through it.

I think anyone who is planning to get these surgeries should go on Boost for 4 days....if you can't hack the 4 days, then you're not ready.  I mean, I am cooking for my family and the smells are so sweet...determination has to be set in your mind very well before you do this.....

Anyways, I go for pre-admin in Bathurst tomorrow.....and then wait until the 22nd to head up to Bathurst.  We are going a day early in case of weather...and besides, I won't sleep if I'm home for fear of the alarm clock monster to come turn it off in the middle of the night...LOL

Talk to you later!
Char
~Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian.~        
runfatgirlrun
on 2/13/12 7:38 am
Well good luck.  I agree that the fast is very crucial and it is an important test of one's readiness for surgery.  I could not stomach Boost.  I had it when I had my jaws broken and it did not agree with me so I opted for other supplements.  The hardest part for me was the fact that evreything I could consume for 2 weeks was sweet - the shakes and bars.  I was tired of the same thing.  I was glad that I stuck to it though because I knew that it helped my surgery. 

I enjoyed the pre-admin session. I liked the other patients who took the pre-op session with me and I found that all my questions concerning the surgery were well answered.  Believe me the 22nd will come sooner than you think.  I will tell you that the nurses and the team are fabulous.  I could never have had better care.  The nurses in the hospital were wonderful.  You will be checked on all the time and if there is anything they can do for you they will jump to do it.  My recovery was a dream so I had to ask them for nothing but they were there all the time asking.  I did not find the surgery that bad at all. Dr. Savoie makes wonderful incisions.  Mine are small and they have healed really well.  I usually form large ugly raised scars and his are smooth and tiny.  The first day you are uncomfortable but I was up and about right away and only had some minor discomfort.  The thing that baffled me was the lack of appetite.  I also stayed over the night before my surgery and it was a wise thing to do.  You have to be at the hopsital so early and you don't need any additional stress.  

Keep us posted.

Charline M.
on 2/13/12 8:05 am
VSG on 02/23/12
Thank you for your kind words.  I saw the pre-op nurse today, what an absolute sweetie!

All is good for next week.  I'm now on my sixth day of Boost, and aside from craving something salty I'm doing ok.

We're going to drive up on the 22nd because I have to be at the hospital for 6:30am on the 23rd.

I've lost 12 lbs since I started my boost....so it's going well it seems :)

Talk to you soon!
~Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian.~        
Kitty_mom
on 2/13/12 9:22 am, edited 2/13/12 9:23 am - New Maryland, Canada
I am so excited for you. You have waited so very long. I will be thinking & praying for you on the  23rd....which BTW is one day short of my 3rd Banaversary!  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1050 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1905 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1757 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1755 views