4 Month Post-Op Visit Tomorrow

runfatgirlrun
on 3/4/12 7:19 pm
Hi Everyone:

Tomorrow I go to see Dr. Savoie for my 4 month post op visit.  I am happy with my weight loss and I hope Dr. Savoie and his team will be.  They gave me this opportunity and I do not want to ruin it by not being successful especially when so many other people are waiting for the surgery. 

I am working hard at it.  I started running again and I am training for a half marathon in May.  So far I have lost 61 lbs (since pre-op diet) by my scale. Post Op I have lost 44 lbs - averaging about 11 lbs a month. I know that this will slow down.  I am still obese - my BMI is over 30.   

I am still having some issues with dense protein.  I can't eat chicken anymore. I am almost a vegetarian now.  I can eat cheese and eggs (sometimes).  I am fine with this.  I have not eaten red meat since 2009 so not being able to eat chicken was not that difficult.  I can eat fish but very sparingly.  I think I must have a really small sleeve.  I have been experimenting with some foods but overall I know what works best for me and I am into a routine.  I really must say that I am not as absorbed with food as I used to be.  I was that person who ate a meal and then immediately thought about what I planned to eat for my next meal.  I planned my life around eating.  Now I am living my life instead and eating is just a small part of it.   

One thing which has been great is that I can now fit into regular clothes.  I am a size 14 regular bottom and a size 12 top.  That has been nice because I can go to any store and find something. Only thing is I still have to cut a foot off my pants because I am so short (5'2") and I can't help that.  Geesh, they say that the average woman is 5'3" yet they make most pants for over 6 ft women.   I am hoping by summer that I can lose more on my legs so I can wear shorts.  I never wear shorts or shirts because my legs are so bad.  I still have lots of fat on my legs and they are unsightly but I really hope that will change as I lose more weight.

better_life_ahead
on 3/12/12 11:30 pm - Moncton, Canada
VSG on 02/14/12
 Way to go on your loss!!

How did the visit go??

runfatgirlrun
on 3/13/12 9:27 am
Dr. Savoie told me that my weight loss will slow down.  I also need to eat more protein.  I love him and the staff there.  They are not all about just performing the surgery and sending you out into the big bad world to fend for yourself.  They care about you and want to see you succeed.  They take the follow-up appointments very seriously. 

What I am struggling with is eating.  I am having a hard time eating enough.  Hard to believe but true.  It is good to meet with them and the dietician because they want to help you through these struggles.

Psychologically things are so different for me.  People are treating me differently and saying things to me which I am having trouble grasping.  I am having people tell me that I look great and should not lose more weight yet when I look in the mirror naked I really am still very fat.  All I see is fat still.  I know that I did lose and I love being able to wear nicer clothes but I am freaking out a bit at the thought of summer and short season.  I am trying to mentally accept that despite the weight loss I won't morph into some svelte super model.  I am OK with that but I was hoping to be less self conscious.  I keep reminding myself that I feel like a million bucks so that is what really matters.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1081 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1946 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1792 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1787 views