Duodenal Switch

amary
on 11/9/12 3:08 am - Saint John, Canada
DS on 03/14/13

Has anyone one the NB forum had the DS, or been referred for the DS? 

IslandMomma
on 11/9/12 8:32 am - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 05/10/12

I know when I had my sleeve done in May with Dr B. in Moncton...he didn't do that procedure.....Not sure about the other Dr in Bathurst??!! Or even Halifax??

Good luck

sunnie41
on 11/11/12 11:40 pm - Canada
VSG on 05/17/12

dr savoie in Bathurst doesn't do the switch either but he told me at my initial consult last year that if i decided to go that route he would refer me to his colleague in Montreal. 

amary
on 11/12/12 12:53 am - Saint John, Canada
DS on 03/14/13

yeah...Dr Savoie referred me to Montreal 2 years ago....still waiting (:

Michelle4Tupperware
on 11/13/12 1:17 am - NB, Canada, Canada

Yeah I was still on the Montreal list "waiting" so when Dr B contacted me last fall I decided to go with the RnY and had surgery towards the end of April this spring.  Have lost nearly 75lbs and am feeling pretty good ... still would have loved to get a call and have my first choice of the DS instead but will be thankful that life is getting better.

Live, Love, Laugh - Life is short so enjoy today!
Michelle Clark  
Canadian Mom, Tupperware Manager and AVON Leader 

Angel to Charline (New Maryland) & Chrissy
amary
on 11/17/12 11:41 am - Saint John, Canada
DS on 03/14/13
Wow. So glad to hear from you and CONGRATS on your decision and weight loss!!

I got a call from Dr B also but passed it up ); since I have been diagnosed with diabetes i have lost 30 lbs on my own. But not nearly enough to get active even. But goin in the right direction I guess! So happy for u!! I will sit idly by waiting for my call from Montreal...hoping I can report good news like yours soon!!
clawrence
on 2/17/13 8:11 am - Fredericton, Canada

I had DS June 2006.  Been fine since.  No probs, lost 175 lbs. Not sure if you have other specific questions..ask away.

DS Surgery June 2006,  Been fine every since.  Weight stays the same. Rarely remember I had surgery.....except for the daily vitamins.

Anxiousgirl
on 2/18/13 5:37 am

Just wondering why you chose the DS? 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1047 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1903 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1755 views
Facebook page