Pre-Op Diet Feedback

Cindy F.
on 1/15/13 3:10 am - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 02/05/13

I'm interested in hearing feedback from those who went through the Moncton clinic - what was your preference for the 2 week pre-op diet? I know everyone has different tastes but I'm looking for your preferences regarding the vanilla and chocolate shakes and the bars. I was lucky enough to try one of the bars and they're very filling, so they may be good for when I'm tired of drinking my meals.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, I'll be ordering on Thursday.

IslandMomma
on 1/15/13 3:45 am - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 05/10/12

I think I have already told you my opinion...but if not here it is...for me if I did it again...I would order more vanilla than I did the first time...I would have at least 1 van a day...add ice cubes and a flavor like almond or coconut....and I really enjoyed having the bar to "chew" in the evenings....the first 2 days were hard for me...I remember going to bed early and having my belly rumble so much those first few days...BUT by the end...I was so full all the time....

My only other suggestion would be to stretch out the drinks as long as you can...for me icy cold was the best, and I would mix one up in the bullet with some ice cubes and pour it into smaller glasses and slowly drink it over the morning....

You will rock this and Wow the time is close....

CONGRATS

T

better_life_ahead
on 1/18/13 12:24 pm - Moncton, Canada
VSG on 02/14/12

I did 1/2 boost and 1/2 bars.

If i were to do it again, I would have chosen to do ALL bars.

Reason, is don't forget for weeks after surgery, you will only have liquids and have to get your protein in and you don't want to get sick of shakes from drinking some 2 weeks before, then for another 3-4 weeks after. Unless you have a different kind of protein shakes to drink after and not get sick of them.

At least with all bars, you can still drink as much as you can, water, crystal light.

I guess it's going to be different for everyone, but if you just get all drinks, you might find it hard not to chew food, which you will definitely won't be doing for awhile after surgery.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1031 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1883 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1739 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1737 views