Good Luck and good weight loss....

IslandMomma
on 1/29/13 7:53 am - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 05/10/12

YES...Happy thought for sure...too bad for the 2 people who had their surgery canceled this week due to no beds in the ICU...I never made it in there either...I was up on unit 4 I think...it was great cause the kids could come visit and it was all good...I guess they changed that now and must be in ICU....13 pounds is great...1 week ...  Henry are you out there??  how about you???  I will be waiting next week by the computer for the post up date to make sure you both are on the bench!!!!!

1 week to a new way of life and a better life...Yeah...Congrat and keep up the great work

Henry M.
on 1/29/13 8:00 pm - Fredericton, Canada

I think this week is going to be my biggest challenge.

Yesterday I was down 15lbs, and I can actually say I feel the difference in my knees.  It is Awesome.

Oh yeah the challenge, I have 4 children at home and all of them have a cold.  Started last Friday and I have been avoiding them like you wouldn't believe.  I feel really bad doing it, but I would hate to get sick at this point in the game.  However if it happens then it happens and I will go back to getting scheduled and doing another 2 weeks of shakes but so far so good .  I've had friends suggest Oil of oregano and other things so I asked Monique yesterday and everything herbal is off limits, I just have to avoid and tough it out.

I am hoping that my session tomorrow with ForeverHealthy.ca will help my body keep the cold at bay.  I have a good friend who has been through the surgery a year and a half ago and suggested this past weekend that I book a Pre-op Energy work with this group as it helped her quite a bit.  So I figured hey it cant hurt.

I had to stop working my night job as I need to rest well and prepare my body and mind for next Tuesday.  Working from 6am-2pm then again from 4:45pm-12am each day for the past year and a half has become such a way of life that I didn't realize that it make my body and mind tired, to the point that it is.  So it was suggested that I get to bed earlier and sleep well, last night being the first night of doing so was a little different, but I definitely feel more rested and ready to take on what the day has in store.

The support from Friends, family and this group has been Awesome!!!.  My wife is doing 5 boost a day and is now on day 9 with me, my best friends have also joined in do do the last week of boost along with us.  I am doing the Slimtime but they are doing the 5 boost a day.

Monique had mentioned there has been cancelations due to no beds available and that there is no way of really knowing that in advance.  I do want the sleeve to go through as planed but if this happens it happens and I will get my strength to start over  with the shakes from the fact that the bed being used is being used to save a life, so should I need to put things on hold for 6 weeks then it is what has to happen.  Not like I have a choice in the matter but I have already been able to mentally accept the possibility so that I wont be overly upset on the day of should it occur.  That being said I called on all family and friends for extra prayers that it goes through as planed.  Planning to have someone care for the 4 kids and taking time off of two jobs, and such does take maneuvering of many people and schedules, so if it is done on Time I would be one very Happy man. :-)

Good luck Cindy sending thoughts and prayers your way and to everyone else out there who is getting ready to go through this Life Changing process.  I see this week as a race to the finish line, and one I am hoping to win. 

Have a good day,

Henry

IslandMomma
on 1/29/13 8:50 pm - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 05/10/12

Yeah for being down the first 15...and yes I know what you mean...I started out at 370 3 months pre-op and went onto Atkins to get my body and mind more into the process, and the first 20 lbs really made a big difference with the way I was able to move...my knees didn't hurt...AND you will do fantastic...Men have it so much easier just because they don't have the "monthly " pauses in weight loss like we do....I swear...by July I bet you will be -75 lbs....just a little walking once you have fully recovered will make a big difference for you.  I hope you can stay off that second job for a little longer after surgery, but I totally understand the 4 kids seniero...mine are 14, 12, 9 and 2.5...very busy house and trying to keep them fed is a chore in it's self...but the 3 oldest are all boys and have started a workout program with my hubby called Tapout and WOW  what a change...Hubby has lost 8lbs and they all have asked me to stop buying white bread...they want healthy food...it really is a way of life and when you have such great support at home it is fantastic!!!! They have really noticed how slowly I eat my food and it has almost become a contest to see who is the last one to finish supper....they are great kids too ...love their veggies and fruit, so I have no excuse....

We will all be hoping and praying for you both on Tuesday, but like you said...it is ICU, most of the people in  there are there for a reason...hard to fight that...and another time will come for you...what time is your surgery.....

Time is running out..Keep up the great work....Stay strong....

Good luck and we will hear from you once you are on the losers bench....

jenn_2012
on 2/3/13 10:51 am - Canada
Good luck! The first few days are the hardest but you can do it! Believe it or not I actually miss the shakes!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1055 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1907 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1760 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1758 views