Update

jjwbuster
on 3/23/13 12:07 am - Saint John, Canada

I am not looking forward to the Boost either. Did you do anything special with your drinks? i.e. add sugar free flavors or anything like that?

referral sent March 2009/ Approval signed March 2013/Surgery May 2013

HW: 404  Pre OP Liquid: 375   SW: 349   CW: 271

Michael B.
on 3/23/13 3:39 am - Canada

i tried that and some extracts are nice, mint banana orange lemon to name a few, but really it is what it is and for the most part i just drank them regular

better_life_ahead
on 3/27/13 1:04 pm - Moncton, Canada
VSG on 02/14/12

Congrats on the loss so far!! You are doing great.

At a bit over 1 year out, i still eat  lots of fat free cottage cheese for protein, i usually eat 1/2 cup with 1/2 cup mixed fruit or berries. I eat a lot of string cheese.

lots of eggs, I usually use the liquid creations, only 30 calories for 1/4 cup and 6 g of protein, then i will have like 1 breakfast sausage and 1/2-1 toast, depending what kind of bread.

Lately also I've been doing 1/2 cup liquid for 12 g protein and only 120 calories and fill it up with some onions, green peppers, mushrooms and asparagus, that way i get protein and veggies in with hardly any carbs and it's VERY yummy!! i can have this for breakfast and lunch sometimes, so i cook enough for 2 meals at a time and only have to re-heat after

Other than that, just remember to try to always eat your protein first!!

As the time goes by, you will be able to eat more and more, and I find, if i start eating certain things, like fruit for example, for me it goes down like water and doesn't fill me up. So i always try to either have some type of protein and fruit at the same time rather than just fruit alone.

Junk food goes down pretty well also, so try to stay AWAY from those as much as you can.  I never had much cravings for jun****il about right before my 1 year post op, so if the cravings aren't there yet, DON"T eat it!! :o)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1056 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1908 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1762 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1759 views