Update!

Charline M.
on 4/22/13 10:05 am
VSG on 02/23/12

I haven't been around in quite some time but I troll the boards every now and then.  Life has become so full that I'm having a hard time slowing down to sit at the computer.

I have now lost a total of 165lbs in 14 months and feel amazing.  Here's a picture comparing just my face from my old driver's license and the one I renewed today.  It's amazing when I think of how disgusted I felt on the first one compared to how comfortable I was today.

Having the VSG was the best thing for me.  It gave me my life back.

To everyone that is waiting, take this time to start getting yourself mentally ready for a lot of changes.  Get ready to take the bull by the horns, hope on and be in for the ride of your life.  It will be worth it, trust me :)

If anyone has any questions about anything, don't hesitate to ask.  :)

Charline

~Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian.~        
dykeman885
on 4/22/13 10:17 am

hi charline i had the lapband dun on feb 14 i started fasting  jan 30 ive lost a total of 70 lbs i no how good i feel an i still got a ways ta go  i cant imagine yur feelings im over energized now my family cant get over how the weight is cumin off  i call myself a new man with a new plan keep up the good work yt clarence ps i went this am and got a 1/2 ton load of cow poop and put it on my garden 3 mnths ago i couldnt pick up a shovle little own spread the **** lg        life is good

jjwbuster
on 4/23/13 12:06 am - Saint John, Canada

Charline so glad you updated. I was wondering how you have been doing.....and you are doing GREAT! Congratulations on the new life. Won't be long for me now.

Just one question regarding exercise - did you have an exercise routine?

referral sent March 2009/ Approval signed March 2013/Surgery May 2013

HW: 404  Pre OP Liquid: 375   SW: 349   CW: 271

Charline M.
on 4/23/13 1:44 am
VSG on 02/23/12

I didn't have one for a long time.  I was focusing on what I was eating and getting used to my new life.  I started doing exercises at about 6 months out.  I had lost almost 100 lbs and was feeling good enough to start slowly.  I started with water aerobics once a week (with a rest in the sauna after).  Then I began Zumba classes once a week and I started walking to work, ten minutes each way...it's not much but it's more than nothing.

I stopped during the holidays because I get swamped with clients during that time and have since started Zumba again twice a week and I've managed to convince my husband to buy a membership to the local pool so we go there at least once a week sometimes two.  I still walk to work as well. 

I guess to answer your question would be a simple no, I don't have a routine.  However if I'm going to lose my last 15 lbs that I want to lose I try to find ways of getting more exercise. I have a LOT of excess skin and I hope exercising can help tone that up even just a bit.  Once I have my panni removed and my breast lifted I'll be even more apt to exercise....I enjoy it, and once all the jiggling skin is gone it will be even more fun :)

I see your turn is coming up...Yay for you!!!!!

~Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian.~        
Mary C.
on 4/25/13 5:25 am - Glovertown, Canada

Well done Charline! If you feel as awesome as you look - and I bet you do - what a transformation for you! Way to go and congrats!angry

Kitty_mom
on 5/5/13 10:19 am - New Maryland, Canada

You look amazing!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1048 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1903 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1755 views
Facebook page