On list since 2011

dancath
on 1/28/14 5:30 am - Memramcook, Canada

Anyone else been on the list since 2011?  Would like to have others to chat with since it seems everyone here has either had surgery or been called for their first appt. 

(deactivated member)
on 1/28/14 7:50 am - Oromocto, Canada

My referral was October 2009. I am still doing doing the psychology part and then have to wait another six months til the surgery once I sign the papers. I figure it's gonna be a year and a half from my first consult with the dr. He may have told people that he tries to keep them in line to their referral date but there are many posters *****ferred a year or so after me and are soon or have already had their surgeries. It's a very frustrating procedure. And if you say you are frustrated they want to give you more therapy!  The skinny team seem to forget why we feel we need this surgery. 

MonicaF
on 2/6/14 9:47 am - Moncton, Canada

Ive been on the waiting list since April 2010 for Dr. Savoie.  Im hoping to hear something this year..crossing fingers

Joanne1203
on 2/10/14 9:13 am

Hi I am dec 2009 and called a couple of weeks ago and they are still doing May and June 2009. they have been on that batch for close to a year now and they still aren't done I am hoping to have it by the Summer but no idea how many people are still in from of me because that is still 6 months worth of referal, and he's away until March so that means another month lost :( 

maggie9247
on 2/7/14 4:10 am - Miramichi, Canada

Hello to all on this forum. I have been on the waiting list since October 2009 , and have not yet to hear from anyone. I am waiting to get a call patiently from Dr. Savoie, but nothing yet. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I do hear back from his office soon. AS soon as I hear I will post. I love reading all the posts, and I get happy knowing one of these days I will be posting " I got my call". 

dancath
on 2/8/14 12:21 am - Memramcook, Canada

I've had medical problems so I called and asked if my doctor sent something in would it help me on the list and all 4 doctors offices said no...so I guess I'll grin and bear it like my mama taught me...lol

Chrissy_NB
on 5/5/14 11:27 pm - Canada
with

To all my New Brunswick Ladies. 

I feel your pain. I was put on the list in 2011 and after waiting three years, and two letters sent to dr savoie by my doctor I took matters into my own hands. I personally wrote a 6 page letter on my battle with obesity and I was told by the snappy secretary that he would never read it, unless your dying you cannot get bumped up. I was fed up with the whole Medicare system and tired of being over weight and tired . 

After researching options over this past long winter I decided the best option for me was to have it done elsewheres. On April 7th I called Dr.Joya's office in Puerta Vallarta Mexico and booked my surgery for April 21 st. I completed the 2 week liquid diet. My husband and I flew down there for five days. Yes Mexico is warm , beautiful and the best place to re cover without outside opinions but the highlight was the hospital. The level of care, organization, comfort and modern touches were unlike no other. There was no one minute of waiting. We had a private room and we were never bored during the two days we were there.they bring in a psychologist and a nutritionist to talk about the fundamentals. The equipment and machines were higher grade then ours here in Moncton. Then we took a 5min cab ride to the resort where they are use to all his patients so they don't look at you funny when u order chicken broth. 

Mexico cost 6500.00 for a vertical sleeve. You just pay for your airfare. I am like a lot of you when I say I have been on vacations before that revolved around the Buffet, alcohol and the desserts at breakfast. This was finally a trip for my health instead of against it. 

I am 4 weeks since liquid diet and two weeks post surgery and I'm down 29 lbs. my five small incisions are all healed and virtually invisible . 

I highly reccomend mend it and I'm so happy I am not sitting around waiting for the Medicare system to give a damn. I will turn thirty next month knowing my life is just getting better

good luck ladies

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1071 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1931 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1781 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1778 views