I got the call!!!!!!!!!

DanielleNB
on 1/6/15 9:50 pm - Canada

surgery is Jan 23rd!!!!!!

allyray
on 1/6/15 10:12 pm

Oh my gosh!!!!!!!!  That's awesome news. How are you feeling about it?

also what was your timeline?  I had my initial consult on Nov 27 and am having a video conference with the nutritionist and Diane tomorrow.  Just curious (and impatient!!). Lol

(deactivated member)
on 1/6/15 10:20 pm - Oromocto, Canada

The time will pass quickly now that the wait is almost over!  Then you can mve on with living!!

allyray
on 1/6/15 10:35 pm

Rykat, how are you making out with your weight loss since surgery? Are you feeling ok? Any complications?  I realize all of us are impatient when we are at the stage I'm in. Anyhow I see you are from oromocto. I'm not thst far away...Sussex.  Were you making weekly trips to Bathurst ?

(deactivated member)
on 1/6/15 11:44 pm - Oromocto, Canada

I had my surgery in Moncton. It's been ok. The dietician told me to try everything once I could eat. I thought everyone had problems with breads and carbs. But nothing has seemed to really bother me. The first time I had bread I had one piece of toast with a sunny side up egg. I couldn't quite finish all the toast, though. I think if you keep in mind that bread swells and only eat a little, then you should be ok.  I did have some pain in my stomach and same place in my back about a week after my surgery. Turned out it was too much acid and my Dr gave me a Rx for su relate (I think that's how it's spelled). That helped a lot. And I take pantaloc twice a day still. It also took awhile to figure out the supplements. You can't take iron and calcium together. So now I make sure all my supplements are done by an hour before bed and take my iron when I go to bed. The cheapest place for the iron is Costco.  If you have any questions feel free to pm me. 

DanielleNB
on 1/6/15 10:41 pm - Canada

Im overwelmed with every emotion My biggest worry is weather as I am scared ****less of the roads

I started My first appt sept 09th and here Iam surgery Jan 23rd

allyray
on 1/6/15 11:02 pm

Yes the roads are a concern but don't let that scare you. Check the weather and if it looks bad for that day, get up there early, get a room in the pavilion and then you will be sure you are there. Nothing will stop you now!!!  

Ellie333
on 1/7/15 8:54 am - Canada

Congrats, you are on the downside now, it will pass quickly.  I am still waiting for my call, hopefully it will come soon but I am very excited for you!

Medic586
on 1/7/15 9:05 am

Congrat! Im happy for you.  I had my surgery Nov 6 in Fredericton!

Butterfly81
on 1/8/15 1:59 am

I had my surgery yesterday. I have been nauseated and have been sick a few times but I don't think that's abnormal. The worst is over now. To heel and get to this healthy lifestyle.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1070 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1927 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1779 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1777 views