Abdominal Supports

islandmom
on 12/2/15 11:01 am - Canada

I am on a support group for Gastric Bypass.  Some are from Canada but more in the States.  Does the hospitals here give you an abdominal support Binder after your surgery?  They never said anything to me when I was in the office for my first meeting so I take it no but just curious.  My surgeon is Dr. Semerjian in Bathurst

(deactivated member)
on 12/3/15 5:11 am
VSG on 11/18/15

I had my surgery in Bathurst about 2 weeks ago. I didn't receive anything like that.

Not sure that there was any need for one. My advice would be to call them and ask; they're very accommodating.

cathy2120
on 12/3/15 8:40 am - Canada
VSG on 11/18/15

Same as Dan!

cathy2120
on 12/3/15 8:44 am - Canada
VSG on 11/18/15

Don't forget the States are way different in bariatrics than Canada...I've been researching for a long time...and same as you I am on support groups...a lot of them have problems with surgery or after...their diet after is 1 week liquids and 1 week puree...some less some more....

I have to tell you I could not have felt like I have received better care than I did with Dr Sermerjian in Bathurst the whole team is phenomenal....

islandmom
on 12/6/15 6:53 am - Canada

Thats awesome.  So glad to hear Im going to be in good hands when I have mine next year.  Im having Dr.Semerjian as well. I have noticed lots of differences with us here and the states.  I was just curious about the wrap. I figured we didnt get that because nothing was said to me.  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1049 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1903 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1755 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1753 views