new dr iin bathurst?

MelM13
on 6/20/16 6:45 am

hi! I have heard there are 2 new bariatric surgeons coming to Bathurst this summer to replace the one leaving. Does anybody know if this is true?

Cindy F.
on 6/21/16 6:25 am - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 02/05/13

Not sure about Bathurst but there's an additional surgeon starting with Dr. B. next month. My sister, *****cently overcame got cleared through the psych assessment / consult (just waiting to sign off on surgery now) received a call in the last week or two asking if she was interested in having the new physician perform her sleeve surgery (she's been working in Quebec the past two years). She'd be looking at a 6 - 9 month wait with Dr. B. or she could have it in August with the new one, so she chose the new. This will really help move things along in Moncton!

I had a routine six month follow-up appointment with Dr. B. last week and Monique said the new surgeon is so, so nice. It sounds like she'll be a nice compliment to Dr. B.

Referral sent April 2004 / First Consult-Moncton June 2012 / Surgery - February 2013

5'6" / Pre-Op 355 lbs / Current Weight 185 lbs

MelM13
on 6/21/16 8:15 am

how long is the wait list in Moncton? maybe i should ask to be reffered there as well!

Cindy F.
on 6/21/16 11:51 am - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 02/05/13

I'm sorry, I'm not sure but it can't hurt to have it in in both places. The wait has been pretty extensive in Moncton (4 - 5 years) and the process has been taking much longer then when I went through it just three years ago (8 months then vs 2 years now, after your first consult). One would think having the second surgeon would speed things up.

Referral sent April 2004 / First Consult-Moncton June 2012 / Surgery - February 2013

5'6" / Pre-Op 355 lbs / Current Weight 185 lbs

islandmom
on 7/9/16 6:25 am - Canada

There is a new doctor coming to Bathurst.  I was suppose to go to Semerjian but hes moved so im one of the ones waiting to meet the new doctor.  They told me they werent sure when they are coming or any names when they called me but said hopefully i will meet the new surgeon in October.  Been a long wait and cant wait!

CrazyCatLady506
on 8/25/17 7:09 am

Have you had the surgery as of yet? How was your experience in Bathurst? I meet the surgeon next month and i'm a little nervous about...well...everything!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1085 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1951 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1796 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1790 views