Who else is waiting for Boisvert ?

daretodream2016
on 9/9/16 5:25 pm

Anyone else still waiting on their call for Boisvert ?? I've been on the "list" for nine months or so now ... seems like its still forever away :) I wish the forums were more active LOL

Megall
on 9/10/16 8:43 pm - Canada

I waited 13 months for my call from Boisvert.  Once I got that though, everything else happened in a whirlwind.  5 months after getting the call I was sleeved :)  

Katyoung1
on 9/11/16 6:53 pm
KL_Girl
on 9/12/16 6:17 am

Me too.....just referred in April.....anxiously waiting.....haven't even received my package in the mail yet....I look EVERYDAY!  LOL!  Hang in there!

daretodream2016
on 9/12/16 7:17 am

I was referred in late Dec. with the holidays I am figuring around the new year and haven't gotten anything. I think its at least a year before you even get the info package Megall would know more about that. I think the average is right around 13 or 14 months unless that has changed in the past few months.

Megall
on 9/17/16 11:50 am - Canada

My referral was sent in November 2014.

I heard back from Dr. Boisverts' office and received the information packet in December 2015.

January 18 2016 I had my first appointment with Catherine McCain, the dietitian.

January 27 2016 I had my second appointment with Catherine McCain.  I also began my two week trial liquid diet a few days after this appointment.

March 9 2016 I had my first appointment with Dr. Boisvert.  He went over the surgery and all potential complications.

April 12th I went in for my second appointment with Dr. Boisvert where I signed my consent forms for surgery.  His receptionist booked my sleeve surgery before I left and I was given a sleeve surgery date of May 9th 2016.  

In the time between my first and second appointment with Dr. Boisvert I had blood tests done, and scopes from both ends to make sure I was clear for surgery.

The wait to hear from is office feels like forever, but as soon as you get that call about getting the information package the time flies by because you are so busy with appointments, reading your information package, and for me I did a lot of personal research online about the surgery and the outcomes people have experienced.  

JLSHAW
on 1/14/17 6:06 am
VSG on 06/01/17

Megall,

What was the purpose or reason for the scopes? Does everyone need that done?

KL_Girl
on 9/12/16 7:51 am

Just seems so long....I had originally ask for a referral back in 2012, but told my doctor I didn't think I would qualify so he ended up not referring me.  With the long wait time, by the time I would have been contacted, I would have qualified!  Now, it's 4 years later and now I wait....if only I would have let my doctor send in my referral!  Oh well, at least I am in the cue now!  I see my life passing me by, unable to do the things I used to with my kids and it makes me sad.....this surgery will not only save my life but give me one back.....looking forward to the surgery.....every day seems like an eternity when you can't do things with your kids.....I feel like I am missing out on so much.....  :_(

brodyceno
on 9/12/16 9:23 am

I was referred in March, but still haven't head anything!  I'm thinking it will be late Spring before I hear tell of them.  The wait times could also have gone up?  I also read that Dr Boisvert hand picks his patients as apposed to the traditional wait list that the other doctors in the province have.  As soon as I get news I will update you all!

AMAZEBALLS
on 9/12/16 11:01 am - Dieppe, Canada
VSG on 04/19/16

I had my surgery in Moncton in April this year so I can't answer your questions regarding Dr. Boisvert but I do hope you won't have to wait long. Surgery gives us amazing tool to lose weight and help keep it off. Worth the wait, No Regrets!

" I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday"

VSG: April 19, 2016, Dr. Beausoleil, Moncton NB, Canada

5' 2'' HW:276 SW:267 CW:149 GW:150 DreamW:136

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1078 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1943 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1788 views
Facebook page