on 9/19/16 7:40 am - Dieppe, Canada
VSG on 04/19/16

Hi,

Here is my 5 months post-op wrap-up.

Pre-surgery weight:267lbs

Today's weight: 193.5lbs

Total lost: 73.5lbs

Goal weight: 160lbs

I am still having a hard time with water, on an average day I get about 45oz, which is more than I was drinking at 3.5 months post-op so I am getting better.

I still go to see the physio every week for exercise advice and to keep me motivated and I started working out at home.

Still trying hard not to buy too many new clothes...so many more options when you are a "normal size"

Sometimes I force myself to eat because I am not really hungry, sometimes I could eat all day, grazing on crap because I am bored or happy or sad or... Surgery helps, but does not cure emotional eating!!! Beware!!!! I am sure once weight loss phase ends, weight can creep up easily if you are not mindful or what you are eating. Surgery kinda means life long dieting...

Hate going to a restaurant and having them ask me "is the food ok?"...yeah it's really good, I just have a really small appetite!  

I AM SOOOOO COLD!!!! OMG, my feet are ALWAYS FREEZING! Can't wait to start wearing socks and boots haha

Where did all my hair go???? I must have lost close to half of my hair....my pony tail is tiny and it didn't use to be! Brushing my hair and seeing the huge clumps come off is scary!!

Still no regrets! So grateful for this surgery, truly is life-changing

" I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday"

VSG: April 19, 2016, Dr. Beausoleil, Moncton NB, Canada

5' 2'' HW:276 SW:267 CW:149 GW:150 DreamW:136

KL_Girl
on 9/20/16 5:26 am

You have done so incredibly well!  Hang in there, you are doing great!  So thankful for your updates!  And you made it to ONE-derland!!!!  Good for you.....you got this!  Keep us posted please!!!!!!  One day at a time....

AMAZEBALLS
on 9/20/16 7:34 am - Dieppe, Canada
VSG on 04/19/16

Thank you! I hope I can help/motivate all the pre-ops that are reading :)

Cindy F.
on 9/20/16 10:10 am - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 02/05/13

lol Wait until winter hits! I have two electric blankets on my bed (one under / one over me), polar fleece sheets and a fireplace in my bedroom! I was never one to be cold or hot before, just that normal temp but I'm always cold now. I lost some hair starting around 3 months and it last for a couple of months but it eases off and mine grew back, although it doesn't grow at near the same pace. Like you, no regrets, I'll take the cold over the weight any day. Congratulations on your continued success, you're doing amazing!

Referral sent April 2004 / First Consult-Moncton June 2012 / Surgery - February 2013

5'6" / Pre-Op 355 lbs / Current Weight 185 lbs

AMAZEBALLS
on 9/20/16 11:47 am - Dieppe, Canada
VSG on 04/19/16

sitting at my desk at work with a blanket on... lol Nice to know it may get worse hahaha

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1049 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1903 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1755 views
Facebook page