duodenal switch

jndrake
on 2/22/17 3:14 pm - Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
VSG on 12/10/13

Hi, I am three years out and have been talking to Dr B about a second surgery. Has anyone else on here been referred to the new surgeon on his team and or is anyone already planning to have a DS vs the VSG?

"You're off to great places today is your day your mountain is waiting so get on your way.Oh the Places you'll go" Dr.Seuss

Cindy F.
on 2/28/17 6:43 am - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 02/05/13

My sister was one of her first sleeve patients last year and I can tell you she's LOVELY. I was with my sister in the hospital and for post op visits and she's sweet, very kind, warm. You'll love her, she's a great addition to the team and especially for this specialty field of medicine.

There was someone in my education session who had had the VSG and was having the second surgery but I never seen / talked to her again but I know it's certainly done. Keep us posted, it's all informative.

Referral sent April 2004 / First Consult-Moncton June 2012 / Surgery - February 2013

5'6" / Pre-Op 355 lbs / Current Weight 185 lbs

jndrake
on 6/12/17 5:25 pm - Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
VSG on 12/10/13

I am excited , scared, and nervous. I got my call and have my pre-op testing on Monday June 19th and my duodenal switch surgery is scheduled with Dr Christelle Theriault at the Georges Dumont for July 19th.

I had a VSG in December 2013 with Dr Beausoleil and lost 180 lbs. in my first 18 months. I then regained and lost the same 20 lbs at least 4 times in the past 2 years. I have made the decision to have this second surgery after it was suggested by both Dr B and his wife who is also a doctor but I can't remember her name :)

I am doing this with the hope that it will bring me closer to my healthy BMI and weight loss goals. If anyone has had VSG and not been as successful as they hoped or had regain and would like to talk to me about my experience please feel free to ask any questions.

"You're off to great places today is your day your mountain is waiting so get on your way.Oh the Places you'll go" Dr.Seuss

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1048 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1903 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1755 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1753 views