Newbie to site- Needs Help!

Angela K.
on 2/16/06 1:22 am
I am so happy to find a site like this with some locals on it. I have thought about this surgery for years and now am having complications with my health such as respiratory. I spoke to my doctor about it and he was going to find out more about it for me however I'm impatient of course. My understanding is that there is only one surgeon in NB...Dr B. Does anyone know how difficult it is to qualify, how long of a waiting list etc? Does medciare cover the costs? Any information would be appreciated....trying to do some research. Thanks so much Angela
little_lamb
on 3/27/06 7:21 am - Moncton, Canada
Hey Angela.....I've been going through the process now for a little over two years and I just got approved by medicare. The receptionist told me that I almost didn't get approved. I have asthma, chrones disease and possibly sleep apnea but haven't been tested yet. Now that I'm approved, I'll let you know how long the wait is for me now...I'd like it done yesterday (if ya know what I mean) but I've had lots of time to research and chat with others who have had the surgery (I also belong to the group on Yahoo called Bandters - I'm having the lap band surgery)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1085 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1951 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1796 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1790 views