new to site

(deactivated member)
on 4/21/06 3:11 am - dartmouth, Canada
hi my name is pearl and am new here. does anyone know if dr. in moncton does lap band? i saw a dr. allen macdonald in halifax in 2000 who did stomach staple, with much talk and pleading he accepted me. he only had so much or. time which ment you had to stay in hospital for 6 to 10 days after operation. i heard about this dr. in moncton who did the same type of thing and you were out in a couple of days, so dr. macdonald refured me him. they tell me there he only does bypass and none of the lap bands or others. i have been accepted with msi and have an apointment with the dr. may 1st for a constiltation. i thought i have waited 6 years for a dr. to hopefully do something for me, so with my foot in the door i will go and plead my case. sorry if this makes no sense, guess i would like to talk with others who are sailing in my boat also. i do wish everyone out there all the best and pray all our dreams will happen. soon.
paramedic
on 4/21/06 3:26 pm - Coldbrook, Canada
Hi Pearl, Welcome to the site. I am from the Annapolis Valley. Yet I seem to find a bit more action on this side. It sounds like you have been waiting for a long time. Dr Beausoulie(sp) does do wls in Moncton and as far as I know he performs both surgeries. RNY and Lap-band. He does have a long waiting lists. When I called 3 months ago it I was told it is 2-5 years long. That is one of the reasons I decided to go to Ontario. Also since I am having the Lap-band. MSI will only cover about $1900.00 but MSI will cover if you have the RNY surgery. So looked into some financing and chose to self-pay. If you can do that then you have few extra choices. Good luck Laurie
Danny Riggs
on 4/23/06 8:20 pm - Houston, TX
Congrats my man!!! I'll keep you in my prayers as the day approaches!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1085 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1951 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1796 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1790 views