Recent Posts

jndrake
on 2/15/14 2:14 am, edited 2/15/14 9:53 am - Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
VSG on 12/10/13
Topic: RE: Post op weight loss

I know it's hard not to compare ourselves with other's weight loss I do it a lot too especially on the VSG forum and the BMI over 50 forum. I think it's important to remember that some people have a lot more weight to lose than others and that may be part of the reason they lose a little more quickly. I have a lot to lose, more than anyone I've seen on the NB forum and I think that may be why mine is coming off so guick right now. I am prepared for it to slow down but it will be hard to accept when it does.  Anxious girl You are doing amazing and I'm so happy  and proud of  both of us  for making this decision to change our lives and be healthier. I lost about the same amount as you by the 5 week mark, Good luck with your loss. JILLIAN .

"You're off to great places today is your day your mountain is waiting so get on your way.Oh the Places you'll go" Dr.Seuss

jndrake
on 2/15/14 2:08 am - Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
VSG on 12/10/13
Topic: RE: 2 Years

Congratulations, you have done amazing with your surgery, I am feeling the same way and I'm only two months out, I cant imagine two years. I hope you had a great valentines day, I celebrated mine with out chocolate and didn't miss it at all! Going low carb has really eliminated any carb cravings I used to have. 

"You're off to great places today is your day your mountain is waiting so get on your way.Oh the Places you'll go" Dr.Seuss

Lesley42
on 2/14/14 7:41 am - Canada

Happy 2 year Anniversary and congrats!! You must feel amazing!! A whole new world I bet.. I cant wait to be there too.. Im well on my way.. Happy Valentines!!

Lesley42                        
bigchris
on 2/14/14 4:11 am - Canada

happy valentines to you and to all happy you are doing so good I can't wait to start the next journey I will have after my surgery it getting close just need the official word from the hostpital and then the next journey beggines

better_life_ahead
on 2/13/14 10:26 pm - Moncton, Canada
VSG on 02/14/12
Topic: 2 Years

Hi all,

2 Years ago today I got one of the most amazing gift. I had VSG surgery with Dr Beausoleil and was one of the best decision of my life.

I don't regret it at all. I know it feels like a long wait when you are waiting for the surgery, but it will come soon enough.

Happy Valentine's Day All!! 

Don't eat too much Chocolates!! haha

jjwbuster
on 2/13/14 1:05 pm - Saint John, Canada

I think I am a slow loser and I am currently in a stall for about 6 weeks now. I wanted to be one of those people who lost 100 lbs in 4 months but it just isn't happening. Because I don't lose fast, I only weigh every 2 or 3 weeks. I would get too discouraged if I weighed everyday or even every week. 

When I look at my weight loss log this is what I lost per month:

Pre-op 26

Month 1: 17

Month 2: 17

Month 3: 11

Month 4: 5

Month 5: 11

Month 6: 5

Month 7: 3

Month 8: 6

referral sent March 2009/ Approval signed March 2013/Surgery May 2013

HW: 404  Pre OP Liquid: 375   SW: 349   CW: 271

Jen J.
on 2/13/14 12:57 am - Canada
Topic: RE: 2 month surgaversary

I am so excited and happy and proud of you Jill!!!

HW: 349 (July 2, 2015) Height: 5'3", Birthdate: March 19, 1974

VSG: July 24, 2015 Moncton, NB Canada -- Dr. Sylvain Beausoleil

CW: 194lbs, goal: 155lbs

ErinG
on 2/11/14 10:32 pm
VSG on 04/07/14
Topic: Anyone from Dr Savoie's Info session, Dec 3rd get a call!!

Hey guys, My information session was Dec 3rd for Dr Savoie in bathurst, Im wondering if anyone on here was in the same session and if they have heard anything about expected surgery dates, or if anyone had gotten a call :D

Cindy F.
on 2/11/14 9:25 pm - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 02/05/13

I usually reserve my comments and let the newbies answer most questions on here but I wanted to share my experience on this one. I find being VSG post-op really is like the tortoise and the hare. Some will lose really fast in the first number of months but slow down after that and they may have many stalls along the way, while others are slow and steady over many months. Someone shared with me when I was newly post-op and I've found it to be true, that those who lost really fast at first and those who were slow but consistent usually ended up with similar weight loss totals at the end of the first year.  Everyone wants to be in the fast weight loss club, as I certainly did but you only have so much control over it. You make the best decisions you can and let your body respond from there. I had a stall for six weeks in the first couple of months and then a two month stall in November and December but I've still manage to lose 130 lbs in the last 12 months. I walk EVERY day, and both walk and snow shoe on the weekends. Many others will lose more than I did but I'm happy with how far I've come and know I will continue to lose.

Anxiousgirl, 44 lbs is terrific! I was down 45 lbs at six weeks post op, including the pre-op shakes, and then I stalled for what seemed like, forever.  It's hard not to compare yourself to others, as we all have and will. You really are doing great! I'm so happy you're on the losers bench and I look forward to following your success.

Anxiousgirl
on 2/11/14 10:22 am

I had surgery jan 6th 2014 and have lost 44 to date. 21 was on the 2 week boost and the 23 in 5 weeks. Also when I came home from hospital I was up 12 pounds so the first week or so I had to loose those 12 again. I feel I am loosing slow compared to some on this site. I know we are not suppose to compare.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1078 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1943 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1788 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1785 views