Dehydration

jttaurus
on 3/19/06 8:39 pm - Charlotte, NC
I think I'm dehydrated. Do you have any tips to help me quickly hydrate myself considering I'm barely 1 month post op? I'm sipping water and got some gatorade. Any other ideas? It's making me very dizzy and feeling quite tired out. Thanks, Jennifer
(deactivated member)
on 3/19/06 8:55 pm - Bessemer City, NC
Get your fluids in; water, water, water. I know it's hard and I still have some problems myself. But, it's something you've got to do. One week out I got dehydrated and wound up back in the hospital for 5 days. I was passed out on several occassions and scared everyone crazy. I'm now famous around Dr. Bauman's office for that little episode. Don't let that happen to you.
Amy J.
on 3/19/06 9:21 pm - NC
I have been in the hospital 3 times in 8 months for the same thing. Good luck amy
Sandi0521
on 3/19/06 10:01 pm - Gastonia, NC
Hey Jennifer, I used the popcicles. For some reason I could eat them when I couldn't drink fluids.... I still have trouble drinking fluids, for some reason they hurt my pouch. Its really hard, but I still have to force myself to drink.....and it dosen't matter if the flluids are warm, cold or room temp. for me....Hope this helps....Good Luck...Sandi
Nancy Hall
on 3/19/06 10:25 pm - Charlotte, NC
Sandi's right. The popsicles are great for that. It is weird how you can handle those, but not cold water. Cold water hurt my pouch as well. I would chew or suck on crushed ice as well. Take care of yourself, Jennifer and do not try to overdo anything. Nancy
I Believe
on 3/20/06 12:07 am - Bessemer City, NC
Jennifer! Please contact Dr. Bauman's office immediately! This is what put my husband back in the hospital for 5 days! So don't let it go too far. I am sure they or the nutritionist can give you the best ideas for you considering the surgery you had. Best of luck! Nancy
spsc
on 3/20/06 12:40 am - Bunnlevel, NC
I was having the same problem a few weeks ago. My doctors office said Pedialylite drinks and popsicles for children are the best thing on the market for dehydration. They have them in regular and sugar free. Gatorade has sugar in it and can cause diarrhea which is NOT good when you are already dehydrated. Good luck. hope you feel better soon. Pam
jttaurus
on 3/20/06 3:41 am - Charlotte, NC
Thanks for all the responses. I will call the dr if I feel worse. I was thinking though, since Dr b is in concord and I"m in gastonia, could my primary care dr just take care of this? Or would this be considered surgery related? I do have popsicles, i was also thinking of making some decaf tea.
L_Cashion
on 3/20/06 7:46 am - Maiden, NC
Jennifer, I know I'm late, but I don't have internet at work. I drink a lot of decaf coffee when its cold like this, I get cold drinking cold stuff and eating popsicles. Also, if cold stuff doesn't bother you, drink 2% or skim milk. I add Nestles no sugar added chocolate powder to my milk, it counts as water/fluid and also gives you l gram of protein per ounce. Diane told me this so I know its OK. Sugar free jello is also fluid, and it seems more like eating instead of drinking. If you still feel bad, call Dr. Roc's office, he is the one you need to contact regarding this, not your PCP. I hope you feel better soon. Good luck! Lynne
march-hare
on 3/20/06 10:58 pm - Huntersville, NC
Hey Jennifer hope your feeling better.Call your doc. If you think youre dehydrated, you are. As Michael says, can cause all kinds of bad stuff including seizures, kidney failure...... popsciles help me too. I like the Tropical flavored ones, they dont seem as sweet. good luck Gail
Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 572 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1604 views
12 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 1297 views
Raleigh area doctors
ncgoaliemom · 0 replies · 1633 views
NC Forum
Sheryl28518 · 0 replies · 2666 views