Hi from a Greensboro newbie

librarygrrl
on 3/30/06 12:29 am - Greensboro, NC
I've been lurking a while until I was sure I was going to have this surgery. I'm awaiting my new patient packet and first appointment date. I'm so excited about this that it's practically all I think about, so I'm so glad I found a forum of people who are going through or have been through the same thing. I'm so ready!
A.D.
on 3/30/06 1:16 am - Matthews, NC, NC
Welcome Kathy, before my surgery all I could do was read this site all day. I wish you all the best of luck, I will ,if I may suggest a book " Weightloss Surgery For Dummies" it will answer so many questions , I still refer back to mine. Take Care, Allison
Tamara L.
on 3/30/06 1:21 am - Winston-Salem, NC
Welcome Kathy! You will find alot of information on this website! Research, research, research before your surgery--it helps to very knowledgeable about the stages of the process so you won't be surprised by any of it. It's refreshing to get perspectives from everyone here no matter which stage they are in! We all really become a family of brothers and sisters (and moms and dads!) Good luck and God bless you on YOUR journey! Tamara Postop:3/21/06
Lisa L.
on 3/30/06 2:07 am - Winston Salem, NC
Howdy neighbor! I am over in Winston Salem, scheduled to have surgery with Dr. Fuzz Fernandez on 4/18....and going crazy waiting for the big day to arrive! This is a great forum so ask any questions you like. Just remember...there are no stupid questions. Good luck on your journey! Lisa L.
librarygrrl
on 3/30/06 8:54 am - Greensboro, NC
Thanks for the replies! I have printed out so much research on this surgery that I had to start my own notebook (I'm a librarian ... a real research-aholic!). I agree that WLS for Dummies is great. I've read it cover to cover and keep it by my bed so I can re-read some each night. I love it.
Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 605 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1637 views
12 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 1320 views
Raleigh area doctors
ncgoaliemom · 0 replies · 1666 views
NC Forum
Sheryl28518 · 0 replies · 2699 views