Home sick today

Maureen M.
on 3/30/06 11:15 am - Shelby, NC
Hi, Well I woke up with the need to throw up. But not much in there. The nausea and dry heaves stayed a while. I finally fell back to sleep and woke up still nauseaus. Sipped only water for a while and finally called the doctor to check. I am thinking that the medications I am still taking might not have dissolved entirely and might be blocking the out valve from my pouch. But I'm not sure. The doctor wants to see me Friday so I will drive up the Hickory and see what he has to say. I hope it's nothing to worry over because I'm not bringing a hospital bag for just in case. If anyone has had this problem please let me know. I am three weeks out from surgery and eating chicken, fish, eggs and ground turkey breast and very soft mild veggies like steamed zucchini. And I am chewing each bite 30 times or more. I can remember one bite going down before it was well-chewed but that was only once and several days ago. Thanks, Maureen
I Believe
on 3/30/06 12:33 pm - Bessemer City, NC
Hey Maureen! Sorry to hear you are sick! It is good to go on to the doctor "just in case"..they will probally send you over to the hospital and run test on you to make sure you don't have any blockages or a stricture or twisting in your intestines....you may want to take a small bag, just in case they decide to hold you overnight. I pray they don't and it is nothing other than your meds, but you never can be too careful....this is major surgery and alot of us have had complications. I pray you are not..like I said before. I am sending up prayers for you and postive thoughts your way...keep us posted! ya! Nancy
wooddell
on 3/30/06 4:53 pm - Wilmington, NC
I'll be thinking of you. Chicken and turkey are still not good to me, after 6 months. I do better with ground beef. But whenever I've eaten something that didn't set well, the ickiness and nausea usually only lasted a couple of hours, so I am glad you're going to the doctor today. Drive carefully and good luck..keep us posted. =) Pam 5'2" 282/**184**/145
aamy2angels
on 3/30/06 7:38 pm - Charlotte, NC
Maureen, I am sorry that you are not feeling well. I hope all turns out OK with your Dr. today. Take care of yourself, get some rest and get well soon. Pat
A.D.
on 3/30/06 7:42 pm - Matthews, NC, NC
Maureen, I hope you feel better soon. There has been a nasty virus going around, maybe it could be the problem. Last night I ate tuna for the first time, and I think I may have ate a bit to fast , I really suffered for about a half hour waiting for it to go on down, a lesson I know I will not forget. It is so hard to eat sooooo slowwww. Oh well and to top off thing this morning --- I forgot my lunch YIKES , what will I do ??? I have a can of tomatoe soup in my desk, and a slice of cheese in the fridge. In my old body, when I forgot lunch it was a reason to be bad ,,, hamburgers and fries and big fatty stuff. Let us know what the doc has to say , as soon as possible we will all be thinking about you. Allison
Lisa L.
on 3/31/06 12:50 am - Winston Salem, NC
Sorry to hear you arent feeling good, Maureen. Good thoughts coming your way...hopefully, whatever it is will pass quickly. Lisa L.
Gloria P.
on 3/31/06 3:25 am - Cherryville, NC
Hi Maureen, I went through this as well for about a week beginning at my 2 1/2 - 3 week mark and then on the day of my 1 month anniversary it magically disappeared and I have only had 1 or 2 episodes since that have been my own fault. Gloria 5 1/2 weeks post op
Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 605 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1637 views
12 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 1320 views
Raleigh area doctors
ncgoaliemom · 0 replies · 1666 views
NC Forum
Sheryl28518 · 0 replies · 2699 views