Have a question if anyone can answer?

NCNelle
on 4/4/06 7:47 am - Farmville, NC
I met today with Dr. Chapman for my decision visit. He has agreed to go ahead with the surgery and submit my information to Medicaid and Vocational Rehabilitation. He has stated that due to my limited mobility and chronic edema problems, that I will require a filter for blood clots. He said that this will have to be done surgically. I am wondering if anyone else has had this done and could shed some light on what to expect. He has also stated that he wishes me to lose 28 pounds before surgery is scheduled. Please I would greatly appreciate some info and first hand experience knowledge from my friends here on OH. Hope to be on the losing side soon... Nelle
I Believe
on 4/4/06 9:55 am - Bessemer City, NC
Hey Nelle! Glad to hear you got some good news! As far as the filter goes, if I am not mistaken one of the ladies from our support group, Kathy, had this when she had her surgery. I am attaching a link to her page and you can email her if you like! http://obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/members/profile.php?N=C1078712727 Best of luck! Nancy
NCNelle
on 4/4/06 3:46 pm - Farmville, NC
Hi Nancy Thanks so much for answering my question... Yes I am pleased with the good news... now just waiting for my appointment with vascular for the filter thing... and starting a liquid diet this morning to work on getting rid of the 28 pounds that I need to lose before surgery.. I am soooo looking forward to the day I can put on my profile and the message board that I have a date... Keeping the faith and keeping hope that it will be soon... Again, thanks for responsing... Nelle
Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 593 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1630 views
12 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 1314 views
Raleigh area doctors
ncgoaliemom · 0 replies · 1658 views
NC Forum
Sheryl28518 · 0 replies · 2690 views