New Journey

stratos273
on 4/13/11 11:12 pm - Tar Heel, NC
I had my first visit with my Dr. on Tuesday. He seems to be well mannered and caring like all the reviews I read about Dr Enoch. Starting to line alot of my testing up now. Any info someone could give me would helpful. I have a sleep study lined up also a date to get -chest x ray, upper GI, Labs,EKG,Right upper quadrant Ultrasound, I then have a date for my nutritionist and psyshologist. Is there any thing else I need to do. The lady at the dr. Office explained everything to me real good but I need to get everything lined pretty fast due to insurance reasons. Tahks Tommy.  I am so glad i found this website.
jennytmitch
on 4/14/11 2:52 am - NC
Dr. Enochs is my surgeon as well and I will be having my surgery May 2nd.  I started the process January 25th and got my approval April 5th.  Just for a time reference for you.  If you fail the sleep study, they will send you for a second one with titration.  Then you will have to wait for those results and then the prescription sent to a Durable Medical Equipment Company (Tony sent me to Respicare in Cary).  After you get your CPAP then they will schedule the results visit and schedule surgery. 

You could try to stay diligent with the office and let them know of your insurance time constraints, but it might take a while.  Best of luck to you!!!
stratos273
on 4/14/11 3:25 am - Tar Heel, NC
I have told them and Dr Enochs my contraits with the insurance company. He seems to think that should not be a problem. I am hope not. Jenny can you tell me about some of these test. What is the Gast. Clearence test? what do they do?
jennytmitch
on 4/14/11 3:40 am - NC
I am not sure about that.  I had all the bloodwork, Upper GI, Upper Right Quadrant ultrasound with gall bladder (I already have a stone, so that will be coming out), Chest x-ray, EKG, Nutrition Counseling, Psych Consult, and Sleep Study. 

After the Upper Right Quadrant ultrasound, I had to go see a gastrologist and he was the one that told me about my gall bladder and explained I had a liver issue as well.  I will just have to go back to him after I lose the weight and he will do another ultrasound and check to see if my liver has healed itself.

I did all of the testing at Rex.
sylvan
on 4/14/11 7:08 am
I have Dr. Enochs too.  For me, the Gast. Clearance test was done at Rex.  I drank a bunch of barium.  All sorts of different positions and all sorts of different consistencies.  They did a swallow study too.  Parts of it were very interesting because you could actually watch what was going on in the monitor.  About a week later I met with a doctor (can't remember his name but I've got it written down if you really need it) to go over the results.  Everything was fine. 

For me, the hold up is the sleep study.  I've had both of them and the second report has been written.  I'm just waiting for someone to give me the Rx to go get the CPAP machine and get this show on the road.
rkcarrara
on 4/14/11 12:38 pm
My process has been pretty quick except for the insurance approval.  It has been 2 weeks and I'm positive they have all they need and I meet the requirements.  So far it has been 7 week since my first appointment with Dr. Enoch. 
stratos273
on 4/14/11 11:31 pm - Tar Heel, NC
I had my first visit on 4/12/11. I have got my 1st sleep study already for the 21th of april, and all my labs , ekg,ultrasound,eg at Rex for 25 of April. Hoping to sched. either the nut.  or Phsy. that afternoon after leaving Rex. How long did it take at the Rex to do all your labs and stuff. I have to be there at 9am. Also how appointment do you have to go to the pshy. dr.?
jennytmitch
on 4/14/11 11:50 pm - NC
I think the stuf at rex took abut three hours.  It may have been less though becuase they spent a lot of time on my ultrasound.  Make sure you check off everything as you are doing it.  They forgot my chest xray and I had to go back.  Also if you can park by the medical office building and go in there.  I was told to go to the main entrance and had to walk all over and around the hospital.  It is easier and quicker to go in the Medical office entrance.

I only went for one Psych visit and it took about an hour.  It wasn't bad at all and it was the one I was most nervous about.  They really want you to succeed, so be honest with them.
rkcarrara
on 4/14/11 11:56 pm
My appointment at Rex was 7:30 am and I think I got to leave around 11am.  But yes, keep track of all that you need done so they don't forget anything.  They sent me to the chest X-ray area first but should have gone to the ultra sound first.  So that was a small delay for me. 

The psych. was about an hour.  I picked a doctor thru my insurance and didn't like her but she filled all the info out correctly so she did her job. 
stratos273
on 4/15/11 12:55 am - Tar Heel, NC
Thanks for the info. I am trying to keep with all the appointments and things as good as I can. I am still real nerves about the decision I made. I feel it is the right thing ut there is always that little voice in the back of my head. I am going on with my plan though. In the long run it will be worth everything. I have not been under 300 lbs in 20 yrs. and i 34 right now. Everybody tells me I carry it well since I am so tall but my joints,(knees and hips) are telling on my now. Again thanks everyone for the info. I will keep posting.
Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 585 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1624 views
12 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 1308 views
Raleigh area doctors
ncgoaliemom · 0 replies · 1651 views
NC Forum
Sheryl28518 · 0 replies · 2682 views