Surgery Day Tomorrow

rkcarrara
on 5/15/11 10:24 am
I can't believe my surgery is tomorrow.  I've been kinda of anxious all day.  I'm trying to hide it from my husband and son.  The clear liquid diet today hasn't been too bad.  I keep thinking you will have to eat like this the next couple weeks. But hopefully, I won't have the hunger like I do now.

I know this is the right decision for me.  I just want to get through the next couple days and get back home.  I've never had surgery so I'm not sure what to expect.  But I know I will survive.  Wish me luck and say a prayer for me.

Carolyn D.
on 5/15/11 11:36 am - NC
     You are going to be great!!!  It is very daunting to have any surgery, and you wouldn't be normal if you didn't have a little of the nervousness you're having.  When you get nervous, take a deep breath and close you eyes.  Then, think of the happiest memory you have, or a special trip you took, or your loved ones faces, or just say a prayer.  That always helps me.
     I cant wait to hear how you're doing, and in a week I'll be e-mailing you for reassurance!!  You can do this and it is going to be sooo worth it.  Hang in there!!  Be very proud of yourself for doing this.  And I bet you would be surprised if you leaned on your husband he would probably give you a great big hug and tell you he's proud of you, too!!
     I will be thinking of and praying for you for the next week.  Go get 'em girl!!!!
Carolyn
maggiet
on 5/15/11 11:37 am - Durham, NC
I don't pray but I'll be thinking of you tomorrow and sending you good vibes.

avidreader
on 5/15/11 11:43 am - Cary, NC
Good luck to both of you. 

Highest/Surgery/Current/Goal
250/241/139.5/125
I have a new philosophy, I'm only going to dread one day at a time.  Charlie Brown
Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 574 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1607 views
12 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 1301 views
Raleigh area doctors
ncgoaliemom · 0 replies · 1636 views
NC Forum
Sheryl28518 · 0 replies · 2669 views