SURGERY DATE SCHEDULED

stratos273
on 6/8/11 8:28 am - Tar Heel, NC

I have my surgery scheduled for June 27th.... Now I am really nervous. I am doing a Liver diet for 2 weeks prior to surgery. I could use all the info I can get on what to expect... And please keep me in your prayers.

Barbara C.
on 6/8/11 12:39 pm - Raleigh, NC

Dear Stratos,

Congratulations on your upcoming surgery! It's really normal to be nervous as surgery approaches. Not only are you about to undergo major surgery, but it will change your life; in SOOOO many ways! That's both exciting and scary.

I don't know if your schedule will allow, but you are most welcome to come to the support group meeting that I host in Raleigh. We have it on the 3rd Saturday morning of each month, so you can talk to others that have gone through and are going through the same things that you have so that you can know what to expect and to share concerns and experiences. If you are interested in coming, you can get more information at www.meetup.com/nc-wls.

All the best,

Barbara
ObesityHelp Coach and Support Group Leader
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/bcumbo_group/
High-264, Current-148, Goal-145

stratos273
on 6/9/11 2:48 am - Tar Heel, NC
Thanks for invite. I have been looking for a support group a little closer to my area but have been unlucky with that. I stay around the Fayetteville area. I am sure they have some in fayetteville but I dont know to get up with them. I may go see ya'll one saturday very soon.
rkcarrara
on 6/9/11 12:40 pm
Wow, time if flying by now.  The 27th is almost here.  Which surgery are you having?  I had the VSG with Dr. Enoch and all went fine.  Though my surgery was delayed about 3 hrs because of the first surgery of the day. 

I'm now on my 4th week of food and doing ok.  I'm still a little soar but not much.  I think I am trying to do things I shouldn't be doing yet. 

I will be glad to answer any questions you have...just let me know.

stratos273
on 6/9/11 10:47 pm - Tar Heel, NC
It is not getting here fast enough for me. I am really nervous about having the surgery. But the last 2 months I have been in and out of the hospital staying over night a couple of times thinking I was having heart problems. Come to find out Gall Bladder is functions at 19 %. Thats not to good, Been having bad dizzy/nauses spells and that burn deep in stomache area. Not only that but now I am on a Liver reduction diet and my body is fighting back telling me its hungry. Having to watch my suger level so it don't bottom out from diet and meds combined. plus feeling like crap from the jacked up Gall Bladder. Other than that I am great and looking forward to the 27th. I am having the Roux-en-Y surgery. I guess what scares me is not knowing what to expect, I have been researching and reading for the past year or so and have two freinds that have had the surgery but you still never really know what to expect until you have it done. Then I am afraid I may say what have I done, and regret it. But I have to do something or I will have a harder time down the road, 350 lbs, sugar, high blood pres,high chorl., fatty liver diease,gall bladder messed up, knees starting to tell the story of the weight. I am 34 yrs old so now is the time.
(deactivated member)
on 6/9/11 1:16 pm
check out Village Surgical Associates webpage. THey have meetings there- general public welcome (means everyone basically).
Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 589 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1626 views
12 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 1311 views
Raleigh area doctors
ncgoaliemom · 0 replies · 1655 views
NC Forum
Sheryl28518 · 0 replies · 2684 views