roller coaster

maggiet
on 7/10/11 11:48 am - Durham, NC
I don't know if I was on a roller coaster or a balloon ride. I've been so high on this surgery for so long. Everything went well physically, left the hostpital in one day, recovery seemed pretty good. So I ran into a stall but I saw that coming. What I didn't see coming was the depression and it wacked me upside the head and put me out for a few weeks.

This happen to others?

I think that while I was trying to keep up with 64 oz of this and extra vitamins and no calcium when you take the iron and no drinking before or after eating and trying to get to work and, and, and I put my depression meds on a back burner and they jumped off that hot burner and bit me on the butt while I was making a protein shake! Nose dive time. I missed work, curled in a ball, got me some major anxiety and a ton of sleep.

So now I'm trying to even things out - from the mania of getting this surgery to the nose dive of depression I gotta find a middle again.

I know so many of you have been here so I'm going to start by re reading many of your posts. Lots of wisdom on this site. I can read a little a day, exersize a little a day, eat a little a day, work a little a day and even myself out. Thanks ahead of time for any well wishes or positive thoughts being sent my way. I can use 'em.

Thanks OH for being there.

Proudtobaloser
on 7/11/11 2:37 am - Fayetteville, NC
This question has been posed several times on the boards. You are not alone. WHat I would suggest is before it gets too bad, go see a therapist. Get back on the depression meds too. I can not say everyone is the same in the fact of depression BUT I do think that everyone goes through bouts from time to time. We can not all be happy go lucky all the time nor should we be expected to. But in saying that, I would make an appointment to see a therapist and discuss the feelings and the depression. You might have the bariatric blues or buyers remorse or both going on.

As a single person we make but a whisper, as a crowd we make a roar. A friend.
"I never claimed to be an expert at such matters, but I am an expert at giving my opinion."- My dad

Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 572 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1604 views
12 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 1296 views
Raleigh area doctors
ncgoaliemom · 0 replies · 1633 views
NC Forum
Sheryl28518 · 0 replies · 2665 views