Clothing - Help!! I may have to venture to Raleigh.

mommyofmitch
on 7/31/11 1:31 am - Sanford, NC
So I have spent all weekend looking for size 8 shorts and capris. Yesterday went to probably 15 yard sales and 10 consignment / thrift shops. I even sent a message to my friends on facebook letting them know that I was looking for size 8 clothes and if anyone knew anyone who was cleaning out I would be glad to buy them. I have bid on several lots on ebay and lose out at the last minute. I have been checking out craigslist 3-4 times a day. Does anyone have any other suggestions for me?

It's frustrating because when I was bigger I could never find anything in my size . Now I still can't. I am finding 6's and 10's but no 8's. There are jeans and such available but the weather here won't start cooling until October. Most of the chain stores have already brought in their fall clothing.

So, If you see me out and about and I have the "sag" going on I appologize in advance. I am working on it.

If anyone near Cary, or Raleigh knows of some good shops for me to check please let me know. I am desperate.
sylvan
on 7/31/11 5:11 am
Have you checked Wal-Mart?  I just bought some shorts there a couple of weeks ago and I looked at some capri pants.  It's worth a try. 
Barbara C.
on 7/31/11 11:33 pm - Raleigh, NC

I understand your frustration. I remember thinking that it would be so much easier to find things when I got smaller. To be honest, sometimes it is, but in my experience it is almost if not just as hard to find those smaller sizes than it was when I was looking for bigger sizes. I wear a size 4/6 and can often find plenty of 8's, 10' and 12's, but have trouble finding those smaller single digit sizes. I guess it's a nice problem, but a problem none the less. 

I have to be honest and say that I don't have much experience looking for things in the Sanford area since I live in Raleigh. I have found that it takes a lot of time and patience if you are shopping the thrift stores. Consignment stores seem to work somewhat better for me. Another thing that works fairly well for me is looking at the major discount chains, such as Steinmart, Ross, TJMaxx, and Marshall's.

I host 'Shop Til You Drop Events' about once a quarter and will be doing another one in September. Those are generally in the Triangle area, but you are most welcome to join us. 

Wishing you all the best as look for your new wardrobe,

Barbara
ObesityHelp Coach and Support Group Leader
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/bcumbo_group/
High-264, Current-148, Goal-145

Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 578 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1610 views
12 years!