Happy to report ....

mommyofmitch
on 8/2/11 9:32 am - Sanford, NC
I found clothes today at a thrift store bought everything they had  in my size... So no more droopy pants ....
tbl2008
on 8/2/11 12:25 pm - Greenville, NC
That's a good idea! I should do that!

Congrats!! I know if feels good to go down a size.
285/204/199 starting/current/goal weight
Barbara C.
on 8/2/11 3:17 pm - Raleigh, NC

Yay!

I went to a couple of consignment shops with one of my best friends. We both had surgery about the same time... It's amazing some of the unexpected benefits of this journey, but I digress. At any rate, we were both mentioning that now we nearly exclusively shop second hand... And not to be concieted, but I would dare anyone to tell that I dress second hand. I am able to find fabulous things from top rate labels at incredible buys. I bought a fabulous evening frock that was originally nearly 200.00 for 10.00, new with tags, no less!!! It's sooooo much fun! Now, I think I need to go pare down my closet so that I have room for my latest finds. Next, I'll have to find someplace schmancy to wear this fabulous frock... Now if I could just find a cruise at the same kind of discount I can find all of these other sweet finds. Well, that might be asking a bit much, but a girl can hope ;).

I hope that you continue to have success as you look for those gems. It's almost like treasure hunting.

Barbara
ObesityHelp Coach and Support Group Leader
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/bcumbo_group/
High-264, Current-148, Goal-145

mommyofmitch
on 8/2/11 11:06 pm - Sanford, NC
I was so discuraged after a weekend of not finding anything. Maybe it was meant to be. I  back went to a PTO thrift shop and looked again.  I found Ann Taylor capris for a dollar. DKNY for a dollar.  I didnt look at dressy stuff  but I may go back today. I do need to find something for my upcoming high school reunion in 2 weeks. 

Barbara, here is the catcher.  My hubby is in Afghanistan  and I told him I would be needing to spend about 200 or so on clothes this month.  I spent 16.00. So I am going to take the extra money and go out for a new hair do and nails and pedicure. : )

So all around a Win Win!
tbl2008
on 8/3/11 10:24 am - Greenville, NC
You ladies are inspiring me! I don't even know where a thrift store in Greenville is located! LOL! I might do some looking around. My friend told me over the phone today that I REALLY needed to get new clothing. Ouch. Got the memo!
285/204/199 starting/current/goal weight
(deactivated member)
on 8/3/11 4:54 pm
I live in stanly county and on facebook we have a place on there called one man's junk stanly county. And another one called stanly county yard sale. You might want to look on facebook to see if your county has one. Lots of clothes and pocket books. I love me some pocketbooks. That is my thing lol I got tons and want tons more. Love the huge purses. lol

Amy
jennytmitch
on 8/4/11 5:06 am - NC
Barbara Where do you shop in Raleigh.  I am needing some new clothes, but son't want to buy a bunch now as I am still losing.

Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 578 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1610 views
12 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 1302 views
Raleigh area doctors
ncgoaliemom · 0 replies · 1639 views
NC Forum
Sheryl28518 · 0 replies · 2672 views