Got Approved and Surgery Date Scheduled WooooHooo!

ButGod357
on 5/16/12 10:02 am - Charlotte, NC
RNY on 06/12/12
I got the best news ever today! I received a call from my surgeon's office today informing me that they received authorization. So we moved forward with scheduling the surgery. First she said May 29th and I was like wooooo slow down LOL! The surgery is scheduled for 6/12/2012. Need time to get things in order. I had such a rush running around gathering all the information to get approved (Psy evaluation, nut, etc.). Now that this day has come, I am happy as ever even elated, but now that the emotion has calmed down, I am feeling a little apprehensive/scared. Don't get me wrong I am ready to embrace my new healthy lifestyle, but I am nervous about the journey. I think I have read too many OH post/blogs LOL! I know that everybody's experience is unique. My question is, are my feelings/apprehensions normal? Once the surgery is complete, please forgive me in advance but I will be bugging some of you. Soooooo Excited! Ready to get it over with!
(deactivated member)
on 5/17/12 11:36 pm - Dunn, NC
 CONGRATULATIONS!  I know exactly how you feel and I'm sure many other members do as well.  It is a huge thing.  I think it's absolutely normal to feel the apprehension and nervousness of having made the decision.  For me my surgery date ended up being almost 2 months before I expected it to be based on my surgeon's timeline.  I was thrilled for a moment then I started having doubts.  
The on thing that weighed heaviest on my mind was that many loved ones in my church chided me for altering God's creation.  I prayed diligently about that because I knew they were speaking to my from their hearts and from their beliefs, but I also knew that my eating had become gluttony...just out of control. One day as I was praying, Matthew 5:28 came to my mind and went to reread the passage Mt 5:28-30, it really helped to put my mind and my "Christian" conscious to rest.  By the time my surgery date arrived I have total peace about my decision.  I am a few days short  of 4 weeks post-op and I only wish that I had done this sooner.

I would stop reading anecdotal blogs and stick to medical articles, but most of all when anxiety overcomes you, lift it up and let it go.
I'll be praying for you! 
ButGod357
on 5/18/12 1:19 pm - Charlotte, NC
RNY on 06/12/12
 Thank you so much for the encouraging word(especially from a believer)! I have a great support system. I have only told about 6 people including one good friend from my church. I am excited and have already confessed supernatural healing. Thank you Again! Wishing you the best on your progress
(deactivated member)
on 5/18/12 11:32 pm - Dunn, NC
I'm believing divine health for us all. 

I realized that you had mentioned you were nervous about the lifestye chanes that are coming up. I'll admit I wish had started some of them before surgery, but I had less time than I had expected.  Anyway...I would highly recommend two books, both available as kindle books: The Emotional First + Aid Kit: A Practical Guide to Life after Bariatric Surgery by Cynthia Alexander; and  The Success Habits of Weight-Loss Surgery Patients by Colleen Cook.  They both address the process of change and working through the changes to successfully implement a new ifestyle.  I hope these help.

Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 583 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1622 views
12 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 1307 views
Raleigh area doctors
ncgoaliemom · 0 replies · 1650 views
NC Forum
Sheryl28518 · 0 replies · 2680 views