Iron Levels up and losing a few pounds

zlynnc
on 7/31/12 2:11 am, edited 7/31/12 2:13 am - BEAUFORT, NC
Well my Ferritin was a 3 and now is back up to 66 with the Iron infussions..And oddly I am dropping some weight.  Clothes are getting big.   I don't have a scale..it was not my friend.  It could ruin a day if I was just up a pound up.  Do you know  I got flamed real bad for telling someone the scale is not your friend over to the main board...LOL.   Boy has the main board changed in the last few years... I don't even want to post any of my experiences over there...espically if you misspell a few words, are not just this year or last out  from your surgery date, or are not an everyday poster.  I don't have all day to spend on the computer to find out what is "Politcally the right answer" and I am so sorry if your Doctor is much smarter than mine.  LOL Really Now.

Here is my Disclaimer.....5 years out, made alot of mistakes, sought medical and internet advice and followed what my doctor said.  Just experienced and sometimes can't spell worth a ****!

Beginning weight: 284  
Surgery weight: 251
Current weight: 149

Barbara C.
on 8/1/12 11:39 pm - Raleigh, NC

I'm glad to hear that things are moving in the right direction for you now. 

Im sorry to hear of your negative experience on the main board. I honestly know or understand what has changed on OH... I know that there is very little activity on this board now and had have heard from others that they have had similar experiences on the main board. I know the OH management had been working on cleaning things up to mark it the supportive environment it was when we first began our journeys, but it appears from your experience that there is still work to be done. I do know that most newbies and the management at OH actually appreciate the information, opinions, and support that veterans provide,so I hope that you will continue to share your experience, knowledge and opinions with us. If you aren't comfortable on the main forum right now, maybe try this one and the RNY. You couldmalsomtry the Grads Group or the light weight forum. I've found them all to be warm and receptive. I think you have a lot to offer and also deserve a safe, supportive place to share your observations and concerns. I hope you find it.

I wish you were closer so that you could actually come to some of my meetings that if have in person... Purely for my own reasons lol... Please feel free to PM me any time.

Wishing you all the best,

Barbara
ObesityHelp Coach and Support Group Leader
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/bcumbo_group/
High-264, Current-148, Goal-145

zlynnc
on 8/3/12 2:47 am - BEAUFORT, NC
Thanks Barb,  I wish I was close too.  There isn't a meet up anywhere around here anymore....  We use to all get together in Jacksonville but those ladys have all disappeared.. There is one group that meets in Morehead right across the bridge but they are all Lap banders from the Surgical place that does it.  Its alway good to come here.

Beginning weight: 284  
Surgery weight: 251
Current weight: 149

Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 577 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1610 views
12 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 1302 views
Raleigh area doctors