August 2012 Chat Thread

tbl2008
on 7/31/12 3:23 am - Greenville, NC
I hope you are all ok with this but I thought it might be a little better if we have one thread to post little daily updates rather than doing a new thread for every day or even every week. I also know this is a day early. hahaha! What do you have going on for the month of August?
tbl2008
on 8/2/12 12:09 pm - Greenville, NC
Just a quick update from me today. I over slept and didn't make it to the gym today. I did a workout DVD for about 15 minutes before wor****pt me calorie count a little low (not crazy low) to hopefully compensate. I'm setting a alarm tomorrow!
285/204/199 starting/current/goal weight
tbl2008
on 8/6/12 3:25 am - Greenville, NC
How's your week going so far? All is well out here in the east. Just keep busy at the gym and trying to enjoy summer before it slips away from us! Monday is my weigh in day. I'm down 3 pounds in the last week! Very excited to be back on track.
Barbara C.
on 8/6/12 9:38 am - Raleigh, NC

I like your monthly chat thread idea and hope that maybe it will help the group grow again. We once had a very dynamic, supportive group.

I haven't been on the site much lately because my DH and I were in a fender bender last week. Since then, we have been dealing with insurance adjusters, rental cars, doctors appointments, X-rays,etc...

I was able to host our normal local monthly support group meeting on Saturday. Since we'd just had the accident and I'm having some trouble focusing, I did not prepare a meeting topic as I usually do. That said, since it was a relatively small group of about 15 to 20 people, it was nice because everyone shared quite a bit in terms of their own journeies and resources of which they had become aware. I'll try to remember to share some of those resources here later when I have my notebook handy.

Im a little over 5 years post op. for they  most part, I'm maintaining my weight fairly well, even through life's little distrust ions. I honestly know that I wouldn't have gotten the excess weigh off without the surgery and don't think that I'd be able to keep it off without it either. 

I look forward to ch.ecking in to see what others might have to say about their own journey on this thread.  

Barbara
ObesityHelp Coach and Support Group Leader
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/bcumbo_group/
High-264, Current-148, Goal-145

Barbara C.
on 8/9/12 10:09 pm - Raleigh, NC

Let's see. Saturday we had our mount.hly local support group meeting in Raleigh. We had about 16 to 20 people attend and had a nice cross-section of people that attended representing a variety of surgery types, as well as people at different points in their journeys. It's always interesting to hear the different people's experiences and perspectives.

Tonight we had a Grads group meeting which was held at a local restaurant that has really flavorful, healthy choices. We just had a small party of four this time and it was nice get to talk with others about how they are doing as they work to maintain their new, healthier weight. We were talking about how to manage food choices when you are no longer in the weight loss process.

On the home front, my husband and I were rear-ended last week. I've had some issues with head aches, a stiff neck and lower back aches,  but they really pale in regards to the issues my husband is struggling with. With all of this, he can't drive for a while and will be having a number of medical appointment weeks or so. Because of this, I may be somewhat hit and miss on the board. That said, I will try to come check in, as i can.

Wishinfpg everyone all the best, 

Barbara
ObesityHelp Coach and Support Group Leader
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/bcumbo_group/
High-264, Current-148, Goal-145

zlynnc
on 8/13/12 10:04 am - BEAUFORT, NC
Well I have been power walking and increasing my distance...I've dropped a few pounds but I don't know how much cause I don't have a scale.  My daughter has it.  In any event I really blew it this weekend...LOL Certainly got my walking in but dressed like a Pirate wench Friday, Saturday but not Sunday.  We had a huge Pyrate Invasion in town.  Sat and Sunday I work 8 am till 3or 4pm in a resteraunt...so yes I ran my butt off there and in A CORSET!  I blew it by not having near enough protein and too much alchol which I know is not a fluid.  Guess I was to much of a pirate!  Any how I am paying for it today back at my Bank job.  I work 7 days a week and I am worn out...My Iron is back up but my hair is falling out still.  I believe I have not been getting enough protein.  No I don't track it anymore but I need to.  Wondering if I should start protein shots again though?

Beginning weight: 284  
Surgery weight: 251
Current weight: 149

zlynnc
on 8/13/12 10:06 am - BEAUFORT, NC
YES!  I am on my vitamins also...Do you think Biotein would really be of help?

pifonoca
on 8/13/12 11:34 am
hi, i'm new here and i'm just not sure where to have my surgery done! there's two doctors' offices that do it here in fayetteville, but i'm a pretty indecisive person :(
zlynnc
on 8/13/12 1:59 pm - BEAUFORT, NC
Hey there!  I had my surgery in Greenville NC.  Not many come to the NC Board at the moment but hopefully it will pick back up.  I have seen some on the Main board from NC.  I'm sure Barb will be able to help you out.  As with everything with this surgery, research, research!  Good Luck with it.  It is a life changing commitment.  Glad I did it!

tbl2008
on 8/17/12 9:15 am - Greenville, NC
TGIF everyone! What are you up to this weekend?

I met with a personal trainer yesterday and got some great info! I'm going to meet with them ever couple of months for a new workout plan. Today when I got up I was hurting all over! I was kinda of excited because I wasn't sure I really 'did' anything yesterday. haha! We are driving out to see our friends in Greensboro this weekend. Very excited about that!
Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 578 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1611 views
12 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 1302 views
Raleigh area doctors
ncgoaliemom · 0 replies · 1639 views
NC Forum