Panniculectomy

mypappyblue
on 2/14/09 9:34 am
Well I am finally home from my surgery. I had my Panniculectomy on 12/1/08 and spent the next 2 months in the hospital battling an infection and pneumonia. I didn't wake up for 3 weeks and was on a ventilator for 3 1/2 weeks; not waking up until 12/26/08. As of last week I have lost 140 pounds whi*****ludes the 47 pounds Dr Anthone took off during the surgery.

The only bad thing is I lost all muscle function in my legs and I have to re-learn how to walk again. Which has been a slow and agonizing process. I will say this; Dr. Anthone and his staff have been great. I was amazed at how often he came to check on me. He even came in on a Sunday and spent a 1/2 hour watching a football game with me. 

I've been through a lot; but I believe I have a great life ahead of me. Heck who knows; the way I am losing weight I may not need to have the DS. Anybody out there looking for a surgeon I highly recommend Dr Anthone; he can change your life for the best. Thanks to all of my friends for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers.
Mypappyblue
blueeyesblinkin
on 2/14/09 10:27 am - BFE, NE
Glad to know you are doing ok
Most Active
Recent Topics
Newbie Question
elowe · 0 replies · 4746 views
Insurance
Tashac · 1 replies · 5902 views
Party Time!
monymony · 0 replies · 6241 views