Is there a WLS support group in Grand Island?

sholman
on 2/19/09 2:32 am
I am a nurse in Lincoln and have many patients from GI area. I am wondering if there is an active support group still meeting in the old Memorial hospital twice a month? If a new group has started, can someone let me know so I can let my patients know? I know Hastings and Kearney are meeting but really unsure of what Grand Island is doing at the current time. Thanks in advance for any information. Take care! Shelly
Barb_E
on 2/19/09 8:30 am - Grand Island, NE
I live in Grand Island and kind of wish I knew what was going on with the support group.  I had heard the one that meets at the hospital is just for gastric bypass patients, so I have not gone to that one.

Then I was invited to a support group that was was just starting I went in January and then the Feb. meeting was cancelled and haven't heard what is going on with that one.  The Jan. meeting I went to was the first meeting and it was at someone's house.

If I hear of a support group that gets going I will email you.

Barb
sholman
on 2/23/09 2:07 am
Mona,
I have had info, however I never hear anything about that group and I am hesitant to refer folks if it is not actively meeting. Let me know as again, there are many that inquire about support groups in GI. Thanks.
Shelly
monymony
on 2/20/09 12:51 am
Hi Shelly, there is a support group in Grand Island. It is on the 1st and 3rd tuesdays of each month. I will email you the information. Mona

Veteran Bandster 2002

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Newbie Question
elowe · 0 replies · 4746 views
Insurance
Tashac · 1 replies · 5901 views
Party Time!
monymony · 0 replies · 6241 views
NE health care exchanges
dhomaha · 0 replies · 6312 views