DSers from Omaha????

mirror_image
on 2/23/09 10:22 pm
It seems as though a lot of you are from western Ne- any local DSers from Omaha with Anthone?
texasgirl66
on 3/1/09 5:13 am

Hey Mirror,  I'm an Anthone pt.  Had my DS March 24,2008.  Can't believe it has been almost 1 year.  I am down 110lbs now.  If you have any questions just ask.

mirror_image
on 3/1/09 12:48 pm
Are you living in Omaha and are a texas transplant or are you now living in texas?  We moved up here from Houston.  I'm hoping to have my DS around Sept/Oct- I have to wait for Methodist to be recognized as a Center of Distinction by Blue Cross Blue Sheild.  I'm sure I will have so many questions as it get close to surgery!! Thanks texasgirl!!
texasgirl66
on 3/1/09 7:35 pm
I moved from Houston to Omaha in 2002.  Are you going to have Anthone do your surgery?  Have you spoken with his office staff about insurance?  It took me 9 months to get approval through Midlands Choice.  It feels like you have to jump thru hoops set on fire before the insurance company will approve.  You would think the surgery would be considered a preventive measure against the comorbidities that come with obesity.  Oh well, if there are any questions I can answer don't hesitate to ask.
maddiepres
on 8/24/09 9:42 am - omaha, NE
Hi. I am in the process of having my insurance approve  the gastric sleeve. I would like to know how you decided on the DS. I am torn between the sleeve and the DS.What was your deciding factors?       Cindy in Omaha
texasgirl66
on 8/24/09 11:48 am
For me the decision was easy since I personally work with Dr. Anthone.  But in my thinking if you have the DS done, the benefits are more long term than with the sleeve.  Yes you will get results with the sleeve but what if your stomach stretches out and you start to eat more.  With the DS at least you still have the malabsorptive mechanism that keeps working even if the stomach stretches out.  My stomach has stretched out in 18 months.  I am not eating the amount I used to eat but compared to the first 6 months I am eating a pretty good quantity most days.  I don't know how my stomach will act from day to day.  I still have good days of eating as well as not so good days.  That just goes with the territory.  I am now down 130lbs within 18 months.  I just had my hernia repair and tummy tuck done in June so I am so reaping the rewards of weight loss.  Being 301lbs going into the surgery I was sooooo ready to do it.  I wiegh 170 these days and my joints can't thank me enough!!  Good luck in whatever you decide to do and maybe I will see you the day of your surgery.  If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask!!
Drifter
on 3/6/09 8:30 pm - IA
Mirror,

I'm in Carter Lake, IA.....but work in Omaha.  I should find out if my insurance gives me an approval to have the ds with Dr. Anthone on Monday.

Height: 5' 3'' HW: 300+  SW: 266  CW: 155  GW: As Healthy As I Can Be 
Proud to be
"in the categoy with EXTREME DSers who could post the same day as surgery".

Rita Lucero
on 8/18/09 11:27 am - Frisco, TX
I know this is an old post but.......... I am in Omaha and will be a DS'er as of Sept. 4th, 2009!!! And it's with Dr. Gary Anthone, too!

Rita78, Dallas Texas, 39 yrs. DS 9-4-09 Aetna Dr. Gary Anthone, Omaha NE

IVF & Twins 2012
www.facebook.com/ritalucero

texasgirl66
on 8/24/09 11:50 am
Can't say enough good about Gary Anthone!!  He is so professional and compassionate with his patients.  Good luck and don't get discouraged.  There will be good days and bad days but stick with it and you will reap the rewards!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Newbie Question
elowe · 0 replies · 4746 views
Insurance
Tashac · 1 replies · 5901 views
Party Time!
monymony · 0 replies · 6241 views
NE health care exchanges
dhomaha · 0 replies · 6312 views