Patients of Dr Holloway/Dr. Quaid please respond

4hmomwyo
on 4/28/09 4:18 am - Laramie, WY
Okay,  so I've done the paperwork with two surgeons near me.  Dr. Quaid from Northern Colorado Surgical Associates in Ft. Collins Colorado and Dr. Holloway from Western Surgical Group in Scottsbluff Nebraska.

I would like to hear from members who have had lapband surgery with one of these doctors so I can get a little more "hands on" experiences to help me chose who to have surgery with.  I've read through the reviews online, but I particularly want to talk to people about their experiences.

Thank you in advance!
Laura

P.S.  Don't worry, you won't be making up my mind for me, I just need more info!
monymony
on 4/28/09 5:29 am
Hi, I had my band 7 yrs. ago with Dr. Holloway. He is wonderful. He  follows you closely the first year. He truly cares about his patients. Mona

Veteran Bandster 2002

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!

Lisa B.
on 4/30/09 8:12 am - CO
Hello hello!!

Dr. Holloway did my Lap Band in March and he's fantastic! My surgery went incredibly smoothly, and my first fill was a great experience! I go have my second one on the 13th and I'm really excited. Dr. Holloway is patient, kind, great about explaining things and answering questions, and is just a truly nice person.

Also, a little extra for your information...I'm a nurse at RWMC so I've gotten to work with him in the hospital setting (as well as being his patient) and he's just as great to work with as he is to be a patient of....wow, did that make ANY sense?! Hahaha.

He'll take great care of you!!

-lisa-
Beth T.
on 5/1/09 2:12 am - North Platte, NE
Lisa, I cant agree more about Dr.H, he did my band 6-02 and all these years hasnt changed a bit. He is the most caring dr I have even gone to, he has as much time to spend with you as you need. In fact the whole hospital and his office staff are great. I have ran a support group in NP for him for over 7 years. Beth in North Platte.
monetlily4015
on 5/3/09 11:30 am
I am like Lisa ( am a RN and was banded in March by Dr. H. but work in North Platte)  I can not say enough about him he is wonderful!  His staff are great to.  I get my first fill tomorrow and am so excited!  I liked the way that Dr. H sat there and let me ask him anything from statistics, to sucess rates and everything inbetween and he did not ever act as if I was taking up his time or being a bother.  I have worked with surgeons for over 17 years and he is a top notch surgeon with a bedside mannor that ranks right up there with his experience and knowledge.  I could have picked a surgeon that was closer to my home, but I went the 4 hours away because of the quality of care I knew I would get.  I felt after leaving the hospital that I was prepared to work with my band, and was set up for sucess by him and his staff. 
Ultimately it is your choice of surgeon, with Dr. H you are getting a winner!
Lorie

In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different. - Coco Chanel
4hmomwyo
on 5/7/09 11:45 pm - Laramie, WY
Thank you everyone!  I was privledged enough to meet Dr. Holloway last night at a seminar in Laramie and I am equally impressed!  I can now understand your strong endorsement of him.  I have my appointment with him on Wednesday and I am super excited!
Laura
Jeannie D.
on 5/8/09 6:33 am - NE
Yea Laura!  Hope it doesn't take you too long to get your surgery.  There are times I get discouraged with it...I have trouble eating meat...but I would do it all over again!  Good luck.  Keep us informed. 
Beth T.
on 5/9/09 1:48 am - North Platte, NE
Laura, I'm so glad you desided to go with Dr.H, you will have great sucess by going this route. Be sure to get into a support group, they are a much needed added feacher. One can never have enough support and friends. Beth in North Platte
dalehi
on 5/12/09 9:05 am - NE
I am also a Holloway bandster...I've met with both him and Dr. Forney and they are both really great surgeons and would highly recommend either of them. I have heard of issues that other people have had with other surgeons and you know, it made me glad that I chose to go through Dr. Holloway to have my band done. I've never once felt any doubts about going to him. I had actually wondered if, for whatever reason that I couldn't get approved by insurance to go through Dr. Holloway's office for the procedur, if I would have a better chance going through another surgeon....but I felt a bit uneasy about this idea because I really and truly wanted Holloway to be my surgeon. Not that there should be any reason to doubt the surgeons elsewhere, just that I felt confident going to Holloway.

Okay...I am rambling....Best of luck to you with your journey!I hope that it goes well for you!

(deactivated member)
on 5/13/09 5:23 am
I went to Dr Holloway and I could not to be happier. He is so caring and patient. I like the smaller community and smaller more perosnal hospital too. WIth Dr Holloway, you are not just a number, you are a patient that he is going to work very hard for and one that will make sure your journey goes as best as possible. I am more than glad that I made the choice I did. He comes to my community twice a month and that makes it very convenient for me.
Good Luck on your journey Laura !
Robin
Most Active
Recent Topics
Newbie Question
elowe · 0 replies · 4746 views
Insurance
Tashac · 1 replies · 5902 views
Party Time!
monymony · 0 replies · 6241 views
NE health care exchanges
dhomaha · 0 replies · 6312 views