HELP

sample21
on 3/14/10 9:54 am - Alliance, NE
I AM IN NEED OF THE LAP BAND AND HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING TO GET MONEY TO PAY FOR IT MY INS DONT COVER ANYTHING AND WELL LETS FACE IT AM IN OVER MY HEAD WITH BILLS LATELY SO DOES THAT MEAN I JUST HAVE TO SIT BACK AND WAIT??? REALLY HOW IS SOMEONE LIKE ME SUPPOSE TO COME UP WITH 15000 TO SAVE MY LIFE AND TO GIVE ME A LIFE I NEED HELP AND ADVICE ON HOW TO GET THE MONEY WOULD BE GREAT I CANT GET MEDICARE BECAUSE I HAVE JOB LOST AND CONFUSED I DONT WANNA BE FAT ANYMORE
mypappyblue
on 3/18/10 12:23 am
Hello;
I don't know all of your particulars; but if your weight cost you to lose your job and you are at least 50 yrs old, you could apply for Social Security Disability. If approved there would be a two year wait and then you would get Medicare coverage.

This is the path I had to take after trying for six years to have WLS. Once I got my Medicare things moved pretty quick to the point where I had a Panniculectomy, Pacemaker surgery and a DS all in the span of 14 months and Medicare paid for everything. The reason I bring up SSD is that like myself most people only think of Social Security being available when you reach retirement age. When in fact SSD is available once a person turns 50. You still have to be approved but its a better chance than having to deal with these insurance companies. Hope this is of some help; good luck and don't ever give up. The only sure way to lose the fight is to give up.
Shazmira
on 5/18/10 12:49 pm
There are other alternatives.  if you know you have to self pay then check into having it done in Mexico.  That'a what myself and many other self payers do, much cheaper and safe.

Robbyn Allen

Most Active
Recent Topics
Newbie Question
elowe · 0 replies · 4712 views
Insurance
Tashac · 1 replies · 5878 views
Party Time!
monymony · 0 replies · 6213 views
NE health care exchanges
dhomaha · 0 replies · 6282 views