Hello :)

Katwj76
on 3/25/10 3:03 am - Lincoln, NE
 Hello - I just had my surgery on Monday, March 22.  I am recovering well, thugh I am very sore.  I had my surgery at St. Elizabeth's Hospital in Lincoln, NE, and it was a wonder ful experience!  I'm doing well with my fluids, but am having a hard time getting all the protein I need.  Any advice would be great!  Thanks!
angieleigh
on 3/25/10 11:14 am - Lincoln, NE
Congrats!!  Isn't Dr. T the best I just adore him and his nurse Jackie they have been so wonderful to me in my journey.  I did alot of protien shakes and also bought some beneprotien which is a nutural tasting additive (you can put in mashed potatoes, milk or even add it to your protien shakes).  They sell it in the office and also HyVee pharmacy but you have to ask for it.  Good luck on your journey.

monymony
on 3/29/10 11:21 pm
Hi Kat, welcome to the group. I am glad you are doing well. You can get your protein in by making your soups with skim milk. You can also have sugar free yogurt and sugar free pudding. You can also have refried beans. Put them in a blender with beef broth, and salsa (if you like spicy) and puree it. Heat it up and you can sip on it. Check with Dr. T. and make sure it is okay with him. Good luck in your journey. Mona

Veteran Bandster 2002

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Newbie Question
elowe · 0 replies · 4716 views
Insurance
Tashac · 1 replies · 5879 views
Party Time!
monymony · 0 replies · 6215 views
NE health care exchanges
dhomaha · 0 replies · 6282 views