OT-Microsoft Office Suite

Valerieb09
on 3/30/11 7:33 am - Seacoast, NH
I have a question that is a bit unusual but will put it out there anyway.  Do you use Microsoft Office suite in your office or in your job?  If so can you tell me which version your office is using?
I am asking because I lost my job this past January.  I am 56 and my previous job does not exist in today's job market.  I will be eligible for training thru the unemployment office and the lady said something about certifying me for Microsoft Office Suite.  I have basic skills in Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook.  I really want training for something in the healthcare field but she suggested this.  Perhaps because this is a program paid for by the government and as she stated they want results.
Any assistance you could provide would be very much appreciated.
Thanks!
Valerie

Revision June 9, 2008
Lapband to RNY
117 lbs. lost as of 09-08-10
Dr. David B. Lautz~~~~~Simply the Best!
Brigham & Women's Hospital

Boston, Massachusetts

Sookie77
on 3/30/11 10:42 pm - Milton, NH
 I use the whole suite and we just updated to Microsoft 07.  If you can get training in this it is very helpful.  Even if you are going into the medical records it will be very helpful.   I hope things work out well for you and good luck with the job search! 

Laurie

You may be only one person in the world, but to someone you are the world

Valerieb09
on 3/31/11 3:56 am - Seacoast, NH
Hi Laurie,
Thanks so much for responding to my question!  I have used three different versions of Microsoft Office due to my previous job and my old computer that I got rid of a few months ago.  My new laptop has Microsoft Office Suite 2010 and boy is it different from the previous versions I had used.
I had career transition services but only for a month whi*****luded all kinds of on line skillsoft modules. 
Unfortunately I had to do over 100 modules to do with the career transition services from Lee Hecht Harrison and I didn't have much times to do the e-learning.  They had so many choices I did the new Microsoft Word Beginner, and Advanced and then did the Internet Explorer newest version along with the new Outlook. They had modules in every career field but thought the Microsoft Office stuff was better to start with due to the limited time.  I can't get used to new "ribbon" in Microsoft Word....I guess this would be called a toolbar but they call it a ribbon.
Hopefully something will work out for me job wise.  Being single and older makes it a bit harder.  I made very good money at my old job.  I read online I can expect to make from 20-39% less salary wise due to being over 50.  The one plus is my blood pressure is now very normal.  It was sky high all last year and had never been high even when I was SMO.  I do think it was from being very stressed and overworked as I working about 50-60 hours a week.
Valerie

Revision June 9, 2008
Lapband to RNY
117 lbs. lost as of 09-08-10
Dr. David B. Lautz~~~~~Simply the Best!
Brigham & Women's Hospital

Boston, Massachusetts

Most Active
Recent Topics
Canobie Lake Park
senyoshida · 0 replies · 500 views
Plastic surgeon ?