Portsmouth Regional anyone???

kanga003
on 3/30/11 12:17 am
Hi guys!!!

I have my FIRST pre op appointment next Tuesday!!!  I am SO excited!!!

okay... and nevous...

What should I expect?  I've already been in once to "weigh in" so I know where to go and all.  I took the call in the middle of class (I'm a teacher) so I couldn't ask any questions :-)
pokes
on 3/30/11 12:49 am - Exeter, NH

I'm trying to remember my 1st time in and I don't remember anything being scary or anything. What did you do when you went to weight in? Was that it? I remember my 1st trip being weigh in, talking about the options (and choosing) then going over everything that needs to be done (weight loss, classes, physical therapist, one on one with Dr. Wagner).

Nothing to be scared or worried about!

Good Luck!!!

(& I don't remember anyone taking a call during the meeting.... I must have been out of it!)

kanga003
on 3/30/11 1:18 am
Thanks!  I figured it would be something like that :-) 

I'm the one who took the phone call... I'm a teacher and the kids were working on a project when my cell rang so I answered when I saw the number :-)
Sookie77
on 3/30/11 10:39 pm - Milton, NH
Have you completed the process and going in for PRE-OP testing?  The testing is simple and quick, they do it all in one day and you can be in and out.  After that I think it was 1 week later that I met with Dr. Gens and 10 days after that was my surgery day.  It happened quickly once the testing was done.  Good luck and shout out any questions you have.  This is a great group.

Good Luck
Laurie

You may be only one person in the world, but to someone you are the world

kanga003
on 3/30/11 11:58 pm
Thanks for the response!

I am still in the very early stages... All I have done so far is go to the initial info session and weigh in.  This (I think) is my appointment to get the pre-op testing started... I still need to do the NUT, Psuch, PT and all of that fun stuff :-)  I am hoping for the sleeve... so I'm not sure if they do an upper GI for that or not, but I am guessing that they do...?  I'm not sure what else.

I would love any and all information about the group!!!

How is it determined which doctor you get? 

Thanks again!
Sookie77
on 3/31/11 1:38 am - Milton, NH

Well Welcome aboard and hold on it is a roller coaster ride and worth every minute of it.   I hope things go smoothly for you.  As for Dr.s not sure who does the sleeve?  But I know I picked Dr. Gens.  I am sure it will depend on who is doing what.  Are they now offering the sleeve in Portsmouth?  Wishing you all the best and a speedy trip through this process.

You may be only one person in the world, but to someone you are the world

Most Active
Recent Topics
Canobie Lake Park
senyoshida · 0 replies · 466 views
Plastic surgeon ?
jmere · 0 replies · 804 views
Dartmouth.. dr truss
Debberz · 1 replies · 1563 views
CMC lifestyle chances class
morgansmom12 · 0 replies · 5028 views