X-post OT Please be careful

Sookie77
on 12/11/11 9:13 pm - Milton, NH
I haven't posted in a little while, life has just been very hard. 
This past weekend I had to attend the funeral of a very dear friend who had RNY just before I did in 2010.  She l was drinking way too much and they think she died due to accidental alcohol poisoning.  If she hadn't had the bypass she might have lived, but she just didn't realize how dangerous drinking could be.  She was having a very tough time and things were not going well for her, and she had turned to alcohol to find comfort.  I know there is nothing that could have been done, but to lose her at 42 and she leaves behind a husband and 2 teen age boys it is very tough.  Such a waste of life.  I have run the gamut of being sad, mad, and angry, but most of all I am just numb.  I don't want to lose anyone else to this "STUPIDITY" and that is all I can feel it is. 
Thank you for letting me vent, I didn't dare write before because if I did it might make it too real.  Now that I have attend the services and we buried her, I know in my heart that it is real and she is gone forever. 
Her favorite color was purple, and while my son and I set up for the luncheon after the funeral he looked up and pointed to 1 purple balloon that was up in the sky light, with that I did find comfort knowing it was a sign that she is watching us.
Sorry for the rambling, but I just needed to get this out of my system.
Love to you all, hug the ones you love and tell them.  Tomorrow is promised to no one.

You may be only one person in the world, but to someone you are the world

bamma2006
on 12/11/11 10:14 pm - Nottingham, NH
Oh Sookie,

I am so sorry.  You are right, it is so hard to watch someone you love go through such a difficult time, knowing that there is not much you can do to help.  I cannot even imagine the emotions that you are experiencing, but I do know that you are strong, and that you will make it through this.  You have sent such a strong message to all who you touch.  Be good to yourself, allow yourself to grieve, and take strength in your family.   
IF YOU ARE GOING THROUGH HELL.....KEEP GOING!!
Winston Churchill
I WILL NOT TRY..... I SIMPLY WILL

Date of Surgery - 8/15/2008
Bamma to Cameron 1/24/2006
gotsnqw
on 12/12/11 5:05 am
sookie.. very sorry for you and all the people that are morning the loss of lisa right now.. i have many friends that were either close to her, related to her or are friends with her husband..my wife also worked with her for a short time.. it is a tragic loss !! i hope that everyone can find some peace and can start the healing process...

to all of our bypass friends out there stop and think about how much your are drinking ... as we all have been told it is very easy for drinking addiction to replace our food addictions(i know this very well first hand) and for us to use alcohol as a coping tool that can carry tragic results!

Dave

There is no need to look back unless you plan on going that way!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Canobie Lake Park
senyoshida · 0 replies · 462 views
Plastic surgeon ?
jmere · 0 replies · 798 views
Dartmouth.. dr truss
Debberz · 1 replies · 1558 views
CMC lifestyle chances class
morgansmom12 · 0 replies · 5025 views