Ok so i did it!!!

dreakixxes
on 3/13/12 3:41 am - Raymond, NH
RNY on 03/05/12
Ok so i did it. I had the bypass done on the 5th of this month. I was all over the place thinking i was doing something wrong etc. I wanted it done one min and the next thinking it was the wrong thing for me. But in the end i had it done and NOW im very happy i did. But i will say thank God for pain meds cause i have lots of pain. I did have to stay in that long i came home on the thursday after the bypass.
My family and friends have been sooo great. A friend sent over dinner for Dave and Josh last night, so i didnt have to worry about cooking.
Now im having a hard time getting all the drinks in. Does anyone out there have any really good ideas about getting everything you need in on one day?

Sookie77
on 3/13/12 8:52 pm - Milton, NH

CONGRATS and welcome to the losers bench.  It is a journey not a sprint, and time will be your friend.

That being said, it takes a while before you will be able to get all your protein and fluids in.  If you are drinking shakes they count towards your fluid as well.   I always keep a drink with me no matter where I am.  This reminds me to drink.  Sip, sip, sip that helps DO NOT CHUG!!! the gas bubbles suck.  hehehehehe If you find something you like to drink make sure you have enough of it in the house for a few days, but you may get sick of it or your tastes may change. 

A word of warning if you are still cooking for your family ( I did this as well after my surgery) DON"T TASTE  WHILE COOKING!!!!
especially before you have been moved to solid foods, it was the most miserable that I felt post surgery.  Wasn't thinking and popped a piece of cheese in my mouth and before I even thought about it it was too late.  it was horrible.   That being said I am so happy now with where I am and have going through this journey.

Keep up the sipping, walking it will help.

TTFN (HUGS) Laurie

You may be only one person in the world, but to someone you are the world

JODJR
on 3/21/12 8:43 am - NH
Awesome!! 

I'm 3 months out from my gastric bypass. Feeling great and I mean it!!! Just do your drinks and time will fly by and soon you will be eating some chicken etc.  I can't get over how this has changed my life. You too will see in a very very short time....stay on track and keep moving....

Jim
Most Active
Recent Topics
Canobie Lake Park
senyoshida · 0 replies · 462 views
Plastic surgeon ?
jmere · 0 replies · 797 views
Dartmouth.. dr truss
Debberz · 1 replies · 1558 views
CMC lifestyle chances class
morgansmom12 · 0 replies · 5025 views