? For the Ladies

Sookie77
on 4/19/12 11:09 pm - Milton, NH
OK, well after WLS have you had fibroid cysts in your breasts?
I never had issues before, but since August of last year I have had issues with lumps in my breast. (DH finds them) I am always aware if they hurt, but now I am scheduled for more testing (another mammogram, sonogram, chest x-ray  & ultrasound)  I am going to glow in the dark if nothing else.  But I am just wondering if anyone else has had this issue.  I had PCOS but after the weight loss I haven't had an issue with it.  Now I just wonder do they move around? 

You may be only one person in the world, but to someone you are the world

Sonogrrl
on 4/22/12 7:01 am
RNY on 05/22/12
Women can get cysts (fluid filled sacs) OR fibroadenomas (fibrous like tissue, benign masses/lumps); The ultrasound should be able to tell the difference in the lumps you're feeling.
I have not heard that it's particular to WLS patients, however they can be hormone driven which after WLS our hormones can surge and go nutty which may be the case for you.
Also, if you lost a lot of fatty tisssue in your breasts after WLS then it could make the normal breast tissue feel different than it used to. Hope this helps.
RNY 5/22/12      27.5.bs lost pre-op      
Sookie77
on 4/22/12 9:10 pm - Milton, NH
Thank you it does help.  well is going from a 44 DDD to a 34 DD a lot lol anyways thank you for the information.

You may be only one person in the world, but to someone you are the world

bamma2006
on 4/24/12 8:24 pm - Nottingham, NH
Hi Sookie,

I had problems with them prior to surgery, but nothing since.  My doctor did tell me that do to the weight loss, I might find more, but only because I could feel them better.  It is possible that they were there, but buried in the breast tissue.  She also said that the mammogram might be able to pick up any issues due to the less dense breast tissue. 

Hang in there, I know it is a very stressful time going through it myself.  Let me know if you need someone to talk to!

Martha
IF YOU ARE GOING THROUGH HELL.....KEEP GOING!!
Winston Churchill
I WILL NOT TRY..... I SIMPLY WILL

Date of Surgery - 8/15/2008
Bamma to Cameron 1/24/2006
Most Active
Recent Topics
Canobie Lake Park
senyoshida · 0 replies · 462 views
Plastic surgeon ?
jmere · 0 replies · 798 views
Dartmouth.. dr truss
Debberz · 1 replies · 1558 views