Thursdays Thoughts 07/15/10

(deactivated member)
on 7/14/10 10:21 pm - Piscataway, NJ
 Gooood morning New Jersey! Another week has come and gone...

I went to some great support groups this week, including one on plastic surgery for WLS patients. Most days I met my vitamin and water intake, in addition to getting into logging my meals on the Daily Plate (something I'm only starting to do regularly that I should've been doing all along!). I did manage a few days of exercise, so I'm happy about that.  Despite all this, the numbers AIN'T MOVING! I'm not really bothered by it...but, you gotta admit you've been there and it's hair-pulling frustrating!  Sooooooooo.....

This past week, what have YOU done to keep yourself in check? Any struggles? Any new ideas or thoughts or behaviors you're trying to establish?

For this upcoming week, I'll be on VACATION! I'm so excited...one week of beaches, swimming, relaxation and fun!

I hope you all have a healthy, active and successful week! - Nancy

sexymillie
on 7/15/10 6:23 am - Browns Mills, NJ
sexymillie
on 7/15/10 6:27 am - Browns Mills, NJ
Today is my Saturday,Im off Thursday n Friday,This week I did not work out,Had my protein shake every morning.
I had purchase new pants and when I was going to wear them for work they were to big,I did try them in the store.but did not use them at that time.
That made me feel good,Im medium now .
I went swimming yesterday to BCC.
Left my keys locked in my car at work Tuesday it was raining hard.Thats was my bad day this week
I don't have plans for this upcoming week, but ill try to workout.
sexymillie
on 7/15/10 6:28 am - Browns Mills, NJ
Strawberry Cheesecake Protein Shake
Ingredients:

8 ounces Almond Breeze milk

vanilla protein powder

½ cup frozen strawberries

1 tablespoon sugar free cheesecake flavored pudding mix

Directions:

Put the skim milk, sugar free cheesecake flavored pudding mix, and one serving of vanilla protein powder into the blender and blend on high for about ten seconds. Add the frozen strawberries and blend some more, until shake is thick and smooth.

I like to add Greek plain yogurt and some tofu for extra proteins

Sexymillie
sexymillie
on 7/15/10 6:29 am - Browns Mills, NJ
maryc543
on 7/16/10 2:32 am
Have a great vacation!!!!

I've started recording my foods recently...  (I use fitday.com)    I am kinda shocked at how low I've been estimating my carbs...  YIKES!!!    I'm hitting my protein, fluid goals, but exceeding my carbs, so I've got to put down the fork!  (mainly, prob the knife....  I'm still a bread and butter person)...   Other than that, vitamins are being taken, so hopefully  levels are good.   I do need to exercise more regularly....   aarrgghh  .....    wishing I was going on vacation!  Have a wonderful time relaxing!     Mary  C

DS Part 1 (VSG) 11/14/06 DS Part 2 12/18/07
HW 430 SW 400 CW 210 GW 170 Blog: lifeisgood-mc.blogspot.com

Life is a Beach
on 7/17/10 10:04 am
I had a bridal shower today and a graduation party tomorrow. Lots of challenges. Did okay today until they unveiled the candy buffet table. Damn chocolate caramels! Had 2 but they are out of my system. Will do more Wii tonight to work them off. I was able to back away from the cake!!! Hooray! I'm excited to see people I haven't seen in a long time tomorrow! Hope everyone is staying cool in hot and humid NJ!
 "I may not be moving fast or gracefully, but at least I'm moving!"            
Butterfly618
on 7/21/10 8:47 am - NJ
I'm here and survived my Fresh Air Fund Kid :-)  I have been nothing but good.  I started doing my stationary bike.  I want to tell you the next time I see you I have hit the next decade!!!  Wish me luck.  Oh I don't need luck I just need TO DO IT!!!  Bike bike eat right!!!! :-)

"SUCCESS IS A LIFESTYLE, NOT A DIET"
Please visit my OH  Support group:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/allinthemind/welcome/

Where you will find helpful strategies to achieve you goals

Highest 325.7lbs Surgery 295lbs Current 244lbs 

Most Active