Oh my lord....

GntleJ
on 4/25/11 8:33 pm
Well first off I would like to say that sorry I have been away for so long. I just have been busy with work and just lost track of time. Today I had an appointment to check up on my progress. Well needless to say.. I have lost about 140lbs since my surgery in Oct. 09. Everything is going good. No set back or complications (only complication is that I need to buy new clothes every couple of weeks). Just recently I looked at pictures of my before the surgery and boy I look completely different. It is pretty scary to see yourself the way you once were, but luckly I did what I did to keep myself alive and happy. Hope to stay in touch more often.
Redhead7977
on 4/25/11 11:09 pm - NJ
Post Date: 4/26/11 5:59 am
Welcome back, better later than never, glad that you are doing so well.  May 3rd will be my 4th year Bandaversery I have lost 90lbs total and if it was not for these wonderful people and all the support they offer I  think I might have been lost.  I have made so many new friends and it's great to talk to people who are on the same journey as you are and they boost you up and you help others too.
Hope to see you at one of the dinner's or support groups
Joann
Joann
Tom C.
on 4/26/11 12:10 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
What a LOSER !! And AIN'T IT GREAT ?!?!?!?

Congrats on your success!! Keep at it!!

Thanks for sharing, and know you've inspired many today!!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
sun_shyne39
on 4/27/11 8:09 am - NJ
Wowwww....that is awesome keep up the good work and buying new clothes isn't such a bad deal after losing that much weight LOL.  I am fairly new to the group and I'm schedule to have the sleeve surgery on May 9th.  Wish me luck:)
sun_shyne39      
Amy Farrah Fowler
on 4/28/11 2:58 am
 When you post something as sacharine sweet as that post, we will all know that hell has frozen over and pigs are flying.
looking4hope
on 4/28/11 9:00 am
Congrats.
dimplewimple
on 5/4/11 1:39 pm - NJ
RNY on 02/05/08 with
 Congrats on the weight loss:)

big_ideas
on 5/5/11 10:46 pm - Randolph, NJ
that is most excellent. Congratulations!

I know what you mean about looking back at old photos. Seeing myself 140 lbs heavier makes me feel ashamed, and sad. But the thing I notice more than my fat body and face is the dead look in my eyes. I was miserable and barely existing. My RnY gave me my life back. I don't know how I mustered up the motivation to make the decision at the time, I'm just glad I did.

Please try to make it to one of the NJIGT dinners if you can. Its such a thrill to celebrate with other people *****ally understand where you've been and what you've been through.

Most Active