WHAT TO DRINK

bklyncat58
on 7/17/11 5:56 am - NJ
I am a very heavy diet soda drinker and I know that is a big NO NO . well I'm trying to switch to something better . How does diet iced tea sound will drinking this help me take off a few lbs. I know u can't drink carbonationed drinks and I can't do water alone . I might get some mio's and crystal lite to. and don't think I can do no caffeine . Help with suggestions please
obesedude
on 7/17/11 12:55 pm
I drink a lot of crystal lite especially since they have a lot of different flavors.  I like the lemonade flavor a lot.
hockeymom8016
on 7/17/11 10:25 pm - NJ
I drink a cup of coffee in the morning.  The rest of the day I drink water with Crystal Light ir Mio.

Tom C.
on 7/18/11 10:33 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

One of the things you will find during this journey, each Doctor/Nutritionists will have their own views. Some will say you can NEVER have “Y". While others may say it’s ok to OCCASIONALLY have “Y". And still others will say they have NO PROBLEM having “Y".

The “rule" of thumb is: you should have 64 ounces of NON-CARBONATED, DECAFFEINATED liquids. So Crystal light type of products are a good choice/start. Diet ICE is good, as long as it’s DECAFFEINATED DIET Ice tea,

I suggest speaking to your Doctor/Nutritionists before purchasing LARGE amount of products. Your Doctor/Nutritionists will explain THEIR dos and don’ts when it comes to Weight Loss surgery.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
wharffrat
on 7/26/11 8:34 pm - NJ
Unsweetend Decaf Ice Tea works for me.  I also use MIO and Vitamin Water ZERO.

I was a BIG soda drinker myself.  I am talking 6 six a day.

The funny thing is, I don't miss it.  I have been working so hard on my Journey and found beverage I enjoyed before being banded.  I did loose 16 pounds pre-surgery by doing the taste tests Tom suggests and thinking about what I was eating.

Good Luck

Chuck
341lbs start journey weight / 325 lbs surgery day weight    
Realize Band Surgery preformed on  6/1/2011
My sharing here on OH is from my own experience, strength, & hope.  I am not a medical professional.  Doctors and medical professional know best and their directions should be followed.

Most Active