5 Year Surgiversary - Happy Dance!

Sheri A.
on 11/8/11 12:00 pm
November 9, 2006 changed my life forever...fast forward 5 years later, 93 lbs lighter and I still celebrate my new life! I am healthy, thin and forever grateful to those who helped me along the way! My support group is successful and continuing to grow each month, I have been able to stop my insulin for over 4 months after switching to victoza and that resulted in a 20+ lb. weight loss which brings me to normal weight and BMI! I have made the gym my second home and I have put yoga and dance into my life! My husband has been my biggest fan and gives me the positive reinforcement I need every so often! I cannot stress how this complete life style change has made such a difference. I want to pay it forward and become a champion for wls, please email me if you need some encouragement. [email protected]
Tom C.
on 11/9/11 5:52 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
CONGRATS MY FRIEND!! You are certainly an inspiration and invaluable friend/mentor to may WL siblings. I am proud to know you!! 
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
DonnaMaria
on 11/12/11 7:07 am
Sheri,
Congratulations. My five year was Sept. 14th. I actually had to get my band repaired because of a leak this Tuesday. I woke up from surgery and the nurse said that I would go up to my room in a while and get something to eat and drink. I freaked out. I felt for my port and couldn't find anything. They brought me to my husband and by then I was hysterical. "Why don't I have my band?" I kept saying. He looked at me like I was crazy. I couldn't feel my port because there was so much air in my belly. The point is I would do anything to keep the wonderful results of weight loss surgery. We are so lucky to live in this day in age that we have this option.
Warm Wishes,
Donna
Most Active