curious question

abuddingrose
on 1/22/12 7:38 am - Essex, MD
i have a curious question for those that have had the R & Y surgery.  Has anyone had the need to ue enemas for relief from constipation, or wound up in the hospital for a few days due to dehydration and constipation?  Also is doing enemas a good or bad thing for people that have had R & Y surgery?

thanks everyone

lori
never settle for less than you deserve and you deserve only the best.                            
jerseyjuji
on 1/26/12 9:57 am
 the term for our surgery is rny....roux en y

you can prevent dehydration by making sure you drink drink drink....that is usually within our control, and will also help on the constipation front.  If you are taking iron, that is known to be very constipating. You can use dulcolax stool softener to move things along, but laxatives are not a good idea, as they usually cause cramping and frequent use can cause more issues.  Treating from "both ends" when you feel constipated can help....that is, try stool softener and glycerin suppository, Magnesium citrate (purchased at any drug store) is something I hav heard folks use to get things going,,,,you should be close by a toilet when usig, though.  I have not heard that enemas are dangerous for us especially, but personally, I wouldn't use one as my first line of defense.  hope you are feeling ok.
Most Active