LONG TIME NO HEAR!!

Tom C.
on 4/12/12 4:49 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

Hello One and All,

I hope this email finds you well. As many of you know I’ve been busy dealing some “issues" with “loved ones". Thank God yesterday “we ALL" got out final “good bill of health", so I am refocusing my energy onto ME.

While it may seem selfish to some, I was reminded before one can help another – they need to be healthy themselves. It’s sort of like traveling in a plane with small children. One of  the “directions" you are given in case of an emergency is to put the air mask on YOU first, then help those around you. The reason being, if you aren’t “strong" enough for yourself, how can you help others?!?!?

One way for me to get “healthy" is to get “back on track". Over the Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Years Holiday I gained about 20 pounds, and I am up almost 30 from my very lowest. I’ve been trying to lose the weight, but nothing seemed to be working. Finally 3 weeks ago I said enough is enough. I have re-upped my exercise (jogging), and have cut down the portions (but believe me when I say I’ve been eating like a bird, and NO, not constantly ;D). The next step is to see the Nutritionist come Monday, and then my Doctor in 3 weeks. And of course, getting back to Support Groups, and maybe even doing a too long waited Inconvenient Get Together!!

I just want to thank those who have reached out to me over these past months. It meant a lot. And I need to apologize to those who felt I may have “abandoned" them. That was never my intention. Always know I am here if you need me, no matter what is going on in my life.

So happy to be “back", and can’t wait to “bug" you again!!!

Tom

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
maryc543
on 4/13/12 5:45 am
Tom,
Felt abandoned?  No....   Missed your wise counsel and encouragement to everyone?  Definitely!!....   Glad everyone is better, and you deserve time to take care of you....   Good luck with the back on track!  and, whenever you can....schedule a IGT.....   You KNOW we'll all try to make it!           Mary  C

DS Part 1 (VSG) 11/14/06 DS Part 2 12/18/07
HW 430 SW 400 CW 210 GW 170 Blog: lifeisgood-mc.blogspot.com

Most Active