5 Years Band-iversary, and I need Help!!

Tom C.
on 1/29/13 3:25 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

I haven’t been here for a while. There is a 1,001 reasons why, but mostly because I’ve fallen a bit.

It’s been 5 years since I decided to have my band operation. I was 435 pounds, on 5 different medications, and (as the Doctor told me) didn’t have much time left (3 years - TOPS). It was probably the best decision I ever made (not including getting engaged).  Some folks may think I took the “easy way out”, but it’s far from the truth.

Every day is a constant battle. Between November and December 2011 I gained some weight back, and it’s been a struggle to get it back off. On New Year ’s Day (2013) I became adamant I would lose the weight this year, and I have been trying.

I journal everything; exercise almost every day (well last week’s coldness made it difficult to run), and try to remain focus. Yesterday I went to see the Nutritionists,  and she gave me many “reminders”, and a change in “game plan”.

While I am unhappy about my weight NOW, I need to take solace I am not 435 – or larger, and that I am ALIVE!! Also going to the Nutritionist was a major help. While I can spout off what needs to be done, sometimes it’s good to hear it from an expert – and also a dash of “looking at it a different way”. The truth is, at 3, 5, 7, 10, years our body’s are different, and what may have worked wonders in the past may not work as well this time – so let’s try something new.

I just wanted to make sure I THANK YOU ALL who have supported me, and continue to do!! I appreciate all the private messages, and/or emails.

I promise I will be back, but probably not as often as I used to do. Honestly it became an obsession to be on the board, and it began to interfere with other things (namely work). So like weight loss, I need to do things in moderation!! But know I will be here for you!!

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Kidda G.
on 3/26/13 1:06 pm
Sounds like you are doing great work to keep yourself in shape. That's excellent. I commend your efforts & your moderation!!
Most Active