Support group in Union County?

Marge R.
on 6/26/03 12:21 am - Cranford, NJ
Hi! I'm a 5-month post-op patient and I'm looking for a support group in Union County. I was a part of the Morristown Memorial Post-op Support group, but just this last month, they discontinued the free support group and instituted a "fee paid" program! The program costs $120 and lasts for only 8 sessions! I'm looking for a post-op support group that is not too far from home. I'm mainly interested in sharing ideas and information about "life after surgery", especially, "what do I do now?" -- How do we use this tool to reach and maintain our goals, yet get the nutrition to maintain healthy bodies -- what happens after 6 months when your "natural hunger" returns -- how do others deal with the "psychology" surrounding gastric bypass. Any information about local support groups will be greatly appreciated. Best of luck to all.
Jo H.
on 6/30/03 7:18 am
Wow- thats a bummer how they added it as a paid program.. Mmmm I just was at their seminar last month, and the focused on the free support group- that stinks.. Anyway- I've met alot of people from the area as a result of clicking on surgeons that use Morristown Memorial. I havent had the surgery yet, but would love to chat if you'd like to. I wish you the best with everything.
Heather S.
on 7/4/03 10:51 am
Marge, I had my surgery with Dr. Abkin located in Florham Park, but I have participated (as it is open to anyone) in the UMDNJ support group located at the Union County College Vocational Technical School, the group meets once a month and its mostly Dr. Kamelgard's patients but it does not matter to me because they don't really discuss the Dr. they discuss pertinent issues to WLS patients. If you calll the University of Medicine and Dentistry in Newark NJ and ask for Michelle Rennert she can give you a schedule, however they do not meet during the month of August or you can call Dr. Kamelgard's office and they can give you information.
Most Active